AuthorTopic: The day from hell!  (Read 537 times)

Offline Yoshi

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
The day from hell!
« on: May 16, 2010, 17:30:06 »
Well after such a good week of hols (apart from me becoming lobsterised) we had the day from hell yesterday (Saturday).

Didnt go to bed Friday night as we had to leave the hotel at 3am on the coach for the airport. All was going well until 6am came and there was an announcement! There was a mini tropical storm on Corfu and our plane had to be diverted to mainland Greece!

Full credit to Thomas Cook who were on the ball, and within an hour we were in a 5 star hotel waiting for the flight. Now in the meantime me 2 1/2 year old step grand daughter (Faith) started throwing up. So we nabbed the rep and asked to see a doctor seeing as we werent flying. Doctor duly arrives and rushes her to a clinic (mini hospital) as she is severely dehydrated!!! So spent most of the day running to and from the clinic as well as liasing with the insurance company (me step son is only 22 and was scared to hell as it was his first time abroad and didnt know what to do or anything, so me and his mum dealt with it all).

Well we got news we were leaving the hotel at 23.20 to get to the airport for an 01.20 flight. So trying to find out if Faith would be "fit to fly" at the last minute, which in the end she wasnt ready for. So 7 out of the party of 10 caught the 01.20 flight home and arrived in Manchester at 02.30!!

So as it stands at the moment, Maz is still out in Corfu in a hotel with her son and grand daughter, sposed to be flying home tomorrow, but Manchester airport is currently closed due to the ash cloud! Faith is absolutely fine now she is rehydrated etc.......... and i am now fine after having 6 hours sleep after being awake for 48! lol

So a crappy hellish end to a lovely holiday!

1995 Discovery XS 300TDi 4" lift and ready to go!

There is no devil, theres only god when he's drunk - Tom Waits.

Offline MuddyDiscoveryJay

Attack Member
    • Colchester, Essex
Re: The day from hell!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 17:45:17 »
Woah!  :shocked: That kinda puts my "packing the tent up in the rain" in the shade. I assume everybody has been kept informed of what is happening next etc?

Offline Yoshi

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 17:52:24 »
Yeah, the insurance company have arranged the hotel and flights etc....... its just waiting for them to come home now!

They are due in mid afternoon tomorrow, provided the airport is open!

1995 Discovery XS 300TDi 4" lift and ready to go!

There is no devil, theres only god when he's drunk - Tom Waits.

Offline denviks

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 18:37:44 »
thats not a good way to finish the holiday you have been looking forward too for a while now ( after the last problems ).  just glad eveyone is ok mate

i hope you will all be reunited again soon  :D
cheers
dennis
more moves than a dad in a disco!!!!!!!!!!

im always @ www.plcuk.co.uk

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 19:36:55 »
 :thumbup: for travel insurance - all you want to hear on the other end of phone in situations like that is " You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on the motherflooker. Go back in there, chill them brothers out and wait for the Wolf who should be coming directly"

.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal