AuthorTopic: 4x4 is born on Discovery Turbo.  (Read 1865 times)

Offline john656

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Malvern, Worcestershire
  • Referrals: 0
4x4 is born on Discovery Turbo.
« on: May 16, 2010, 16:11:10 »
FYI Mr Mark Evans is on sky 523 all night to about 4am for some good watching....

John
My wife can't wrestle but you should see her box.

Offline Dave123

Attack Member
Re: 4x4 is born on Discovery Turbo.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 19:37:05 »
Hehe! Been watching it almost all day! :D
Pull my finger :D

Offline robkav

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 21:09:19 »
[!Expletive Deleted!] i dont have that channel  :'(

Offline bobtailed disco

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 21:30:48 »
just sky + it

Offline Bob696

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 06:46:46 »
Available for download via torrents
"A wise man has something to say a fool has to say something"
"Think of it as evolution in action" and yes, I do know that I can't spell thank you.
200TDi 90  "Daisy" A.K.A. "Baby"
3.5L V8 110 "Sally". The camper van with an attitude problem.

LABOUR
Lying Arrogant Blair Oppressors of UK Rights

Offline carbore

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 09:05:06 »
"Available for download via torrents"

Or you could BUY IT on DVD for a few quid and give the people who bothered to make it some money.
CORNISH SPRINT AND HILLCLIMB CHAMPION 2009

Lotus Elise (Tuned/lightened for sprint racing Championship winner 2009)
Freelander 1 TD4 Auto AKA the Big Black Bus (Brownchurch Roof Rack, Hatch Bag rear liner)
Ferguson T20 "Grey Fergie" TVO Tractor 1951

Offline dxmedia

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 11:20:34 »
Don't forget that the people who download are also the largest spenders on media ;)  That's been proven beyond doubt.
1959 Unimog 404 DoKa i6
1996 Jeep ZG i6with 6" suspension lift
1999 2.5 v6 Omega autobahn stormer
2001 1.4 Polo

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 15:14:39 »
not that anyone cares (if they did they would have protested) but willy nilly downloading copyright content has a greater chance than ever of getting your ISP contract terminated in a 3 strikes rule and your details handed over to interested parties for a law suit. Ensure to research on securing your p2p activities.
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline Bob696

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 16:12:12 »
"Available for download via torrents"

Or you could BUY IT on DVD for a few quid and give the people who bothered to make it some money.

Or you could just record it next time it is on. Shows most nights a couple of episodes a time (along with a bike is born, a bike is reborn and a couple of others that are cycled through).

oh and downloading free to air TV is very much a legal grey area and they would stand an almost zero chance of prosecution.
"A wise man has something to say a fool has to say something"
"Think of it as evolution in action" and yes, I do know that I can't spell thank you.
200TDi 90  "Daisy" A.K.A. "Baby"
3.5L V8 110 "Sally". The camper van with an attitude problem.

LABOUR
Lying Arrogant Blair Oppressors of UK Rights

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 17:21:49 »
oh and downloading free to air TV is very much a legal grey area and they would stand an almost zero chance of prosecution.
oh and the law doesn't care - it doesn't even need to prove it was actually you that downloaded it anymore let alone if the content is in a 'grey area' (which it isn't) - if an official body says your are participating in sharing something they own/protect then you're pretty much shafted as they now have the law on their side to force the ISP to take action.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 17:24:26 by Saffy »

Offline carbore

Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 19:21:09 »
(I suppose its not an issue to take this off topic re downloading as the comment was about a past event, so)

Question re "secure your P2P activities", im not sure that can work.

Most people talk about encrypting/vpn/tunnels, which "could" protect you against ISP packet inspection, however I don't think thats how record companies etc find "downloaders".  Surley as its P2P (peer too peer) all the record company needs to do is try to download something they "own" and watch the traffic on the local machine using wireshark or similar. As its a peer too peer connection then the IP of the end point (downloader or uploader) will be revealed. No ammount of encryption will hide that. I suppose a proxy in the middle would hide the Peers from each other, but then there would just be a nice big proxy for the record companies to aim the big guns at.

Iv not really looking into p2p tracking etc that much, have I got the principals correct.

Freelander 1 TD4 Auto AKA the Big Black Bus (Brownchurch Roof Rack, Hatch Bag rear liner)

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 19:36:55 »
(I suppose its not an issue to take this off topic re downloading as the comment was about a past event, so)

Question re "secure your P2P activities", im not sure that can work.

Most people talk about encrypting/vpn/tunnels, which "could" protect you against ISP packet inspection, however I don't think thats how record companies etc find "downloaders".  Surley as its P2P (peer too peer) all the record company needs to do is try to download something they "own" and watch the traffic on the local machine using wireshark or similar. As its a peer too peer connection then the IP of the end point (downloader or uploader) will be revealed. No ammount of encryption will hide that. I suppose a proxy in the middle would hide the Peers from each other, but then there would just be a nice big proxy for the record companies to aim the big guns at.

Iv not really looking into p2p tracking etc that much, have I got the principals correct.

There are networks that the data is encrypted, broken up and distributed amongst the peers on the network. Every peer on the network is also acting as proxy within that network. No one knows what chunks they have on their system actually contain (if they contain anything at all) or who originally placed the content onto the network or who is searching for it or where the physical machine which has the data chunk on actually resides. Look on darknets where freenet is an example of one.

Offline carbore

Attack Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 20:57:02 »
Thanks for that info. I know what to look at now and it would indeed be a [!Expletive Deleted!] to trace.

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 18:58:48 »
I watched a scouple of episodes the other night on Quest.

Shame really, if he'd known what he was talking about if could have been a good programme, but somehow I got the impression that the target audience knew nothing about the subject matter, which is slightly more than the guy himself.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 08:51:06 »
I watched a scouple of episodes the other night on Quest.

Shame really, if he'd known what he was talking about if could have been a good programme, but somehow I got the impression that the target audience knew nothing about the subject matter, which is slightly more than the guy himself.
Mark Evans builds an aircraft in another series and learns how to fly :lol: It quite dated now (mid/late 90's ?) and I think these discovery show where aimed at man in street audience with the appearance of being hosted by a likewise average joe. He has an aim in mind, knows very little about the subject but learns as the build progresses, but he's a bit more cocky with this one having done a Westy build, cobra kit car etc in previous shows. It more entertainment rather than a meat and balls documentary, bit like top gear.
 It's the same guy that goes around now with a team to film the chopping of exotic animals (Inside Nature's Giants) to have a looksee at their gibs because that's his first trade -veterinary surgeon- as well as tv host.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:00:05 by Saffy »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal