AuthorTopic: wolf wheels  (Read 1837 times)

Offline kevinf

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
wolf wheels
« on: May 14, 2010, 12:16:35 »
hi there

just watching a few sets of wolf wheels on ebay  and have noticed that some are marked as being for tubed tyres and some not,now im wanting to go tubeless so are all wolf wheels suitable for tubeless tyres? have asked the sellers the relevent questions but not convinced with the answers, 

cheers in advance
the shinny blue defender with the winch,checker plate body protection,extra seating and windows
and at this point I noticed the n/s air vent wasnt fully closed so lets not forget the mud stained interior and the water logged kenwood 6disc cd

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
Re: wolf wheels
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 14:59:07 »
ANR4583 = tubeless
ANR5593 = tubed

Not all wolf wheels are LR OEM... britpart sell them for instance.

http://www.landroverexpedition.com/equipment/wolf-wheels/
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline kevinf

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 12:20:10 »
thanks for the reply saffy

i knew paddocks sell copy wheels but were trying to save a few pounds and i really do want to go tubeless fed up of getting punctures due to the tube chaffing on the tyre

cheers kevin
the shinny blue defender with the winch,checker plate body protection,extra seating and windows
and at this point I noticed the n/s air vent wasnt fully closed so lets not forget the mud stained interior and the water logged kenwood 6disc cd

Offline fuzzy

Attack Member
  • my lovely s3 military, Percy
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 12:42:12 »
a good dusting of talc on the tube will stop the chafing.
1980 s111 109 ex military 12v gs soft top- waiting to have life breathed back into it.
1990 110 2.5td, waiting for crew cab conversion, mud tyres, suspension and 2"lift.

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 13:08:55 »
The wolfs usually are shod with g90 or michelin xzl which are can be run with a tube or run tubeless.

On the inner tube chaffing thing - I notice that the majority of the tyre fitters will only fit a 16x205 tube as that's the largest they carry in stock and is marked up for 4x4 (disco tyres as standard are 205's).  So they fit the 205 tube to the defenders 16x7.50 but at the expense that when inflated the tubes wall thickness will be thinner and more prone to puncher. Best best if anyone gets tubes fitted is to source right size tubes yourself and take to garage or make sure they order some in and not be fob'ed off with making do with smaller tube.
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline kevinf

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 13:14:40 »
interesting point regarding the inner tube my problem started after i had all four tyres replaced! being the kind soul i am before getting the tyres fitted i had swapped the best two of my old tyres for the brother-in-laws worst two which subsequently needed new tubes when the tyre fitter stripped them . i dont know which wheels the new tubes ended up on but since then my front tyres seem to take turns in getting punctures,never the back ones!  do i see a pattern emerging here :-k

cheers kevin

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal