AuthorTopic: lift kit?  (Read 1424 times)

Offline JIMBOBLY

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
lift kit?
« on: May 13, 2010, 22:53:56 »
on my rangie,i have a 2 inch lift,super gaz yellow shocks n springs,heavy duty,they've been on there 3 years now,ive never got on with it,it seems realy hard ride,even though ive got a fair bit of wait in the back,spare,mini compressor,tool box,hi lift jack etc,and a winch heavy bumper on the front,and the steering is very skittish due to being a hard ride,what do you people have and get on with?medium duty do you think?,im tempted by pro comp shocks,and also what are peoples views on standard lengh shocks with dropper brackets,or 2 inch longer shocks?

Offline simdeb

Attack Member
Re: lift kit?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 13:16:05 »
I have same set up but with pro comps and mine is about 4 years old and no problems

i broke one shock about 2 years ago and they changed it no problem
North Nottinghamshire rep for GLASS

nottinghamshirenorth.rep@glass-uk.org

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 21:23:18 »
I like the rideon ProComp, they soften with use, but there is the rusty problem.  I also like DeCarbon.

Are super Gaz made by Britpart? I tried their celular dynamic and found them a bit crashy whilst not damping as well as ProComp.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline JIMBOBLY

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 18:00:30 »
I like the rideon ProComp, they soften with use, but there is the rusty problem.  I also like DeCarbon.

Are super Gaz made by Britpart? I tried their celular dynamic and found them a bit crashy whilst not damping as well as ProComp.
they are made by bripart,and the ride quality is exactly as you say,very crashy as you put it,lol,and now thinking of it,ive had a steering problem,being very skittish to put it one way,possibly because the steering damper is a bripart celular dynamic,so i may be ripping that off,but that hasnt rusted like the shocks n springs have.

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 22:59:14 »
Steering dampers, I've tried both DeCarbon and ProComp.  No complaints with either for their performance.

Same for road shocks TBH
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal