AuthorTopic: hunting on LPG  (Read 5280 times)

bigruss

hunting on LPG
« on: April 18, 2005, 18:11:59 »
i have a clasic RR 3.9 twin carb its sending me mad it runs fine on gas until i put the lights on full i have 2 extra spots on the front bull bar if i have the radio and fan on lights and spot lights it hunts also if lights are on and i put the wipers on it hunts pulls fine but hunts at idel

Work i have done is
new leads new plugs new dizzy cap new oil filter air filter water system is new tuned at lpg installer it was on KNs but now on FF airbox

have done everything please any ideas

Russ

gingerchristopher

hunting on LPG
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 20:53:30 »
hay.
I had a problem just like that, it turned out that the power drain from the battery was turning off the gas valve, so i fitted a second battery and ran the egnition and lights off of that. it didnt cut out then. hope this helps. :D

bigruss

hunting on LPG
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 20:59:24 »
so how did you do that not to good with electric did you just re route the wires i ahve a second battery fitted with nothing going onto it thanks for the reply

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
hunting on LPG
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 23:16:17 »
If your second battery is only for the spots and stuff then wire it up using a split chrage relay (£10 ish from towsure) so that it only gets charged by the car when the alternator is putting out over 13volts.  Just fitted one into sister's car for towing and it works perfectly.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal