AuthorTopic: world record best dressed  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Arightpest

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
world record best dressed
« on: April 17, 2005, 22:10:25 »
i don’t know what other people thought of the best dressed vehicle first prize but I thought that the spirit of the day would go to a motor that decorated his or hers vehicle up in the daftest bizarre or imaginative way possible I was under the impression that included flags of many shapes and sizes a myriad of stuffed toys or any other thing that could be placed on the vehicle safely. I myself turned my disco into a travelling cloths line many others turned there’s into the next Noah’s ark and one brilliant motor looked like a mad experiment from the cast of a 101 Dalmatians with ears tongue and the lovely droopy eyes I was well impressed. But I happened to be standing near to the main judge when the results was discussed and a comment from him was that the person that won did so because he had spent a fortune on his vehicle and it looked good because of all the shinny bits on it (oh and he did have one flag on it) who missed the point of the dressing up all the people that tried or the judge.

And before some one says sour grapes? perhaps so but we did try and push the boat out in our own little way and along with all the other that also pushed the queen Mary out because looking at other cars and the amount of effort put into the mobile displays it was part of the work to make it special, and if we all was made aware that we needed to spend thousands of pounds on our land rovers to stand a chance of our fifteen minutes of fame we might have sold our kids grandmas or pets to achieve this aim.

That ends my moan and thank you all for the effort you put in your vehicle to make the day and prove that we are all completely barmy and so what if we are that’s why we drive the type of vehicle we do.

Offline davidlandy

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 22:24:29 »
do you have pics of the contenders for this competition?
Dave
Sniff, sniff, this mud smells funny

Offline Arightpest

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 22:33:45 »
Everyone was a contender for this competition and any photo’s of the procession will show the diversity of the vehicle and the many different decoration used on the cars.

Offline Arightpest

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 22:39:30 »
or do you want the winner?

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 13:46:45 »
I don't think you were the only one who was.... surprised at the winner.
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

klporteous

Announcement!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 13:54:00 »
:( It would have been nice if the announcement of the winner had been made when all entrants were able to get to the pavilion. Being one of the later cars through by the time we got to the pavilion the announcement had been made and we are yet to know if the record attempt was succcessful.

JeepCher53

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 13:55:17 »
Um....  who was the winner?
As said, I understood the winner would be the best/most novel/etc decorated vehicle.  We were out of time for much of that this year what with lane disputes, etc but we did try to buy extra bunting - sold out :cry:   Just wait till next year.  Planning will start in January 06 :P

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 13:57:31 »
The winner was chosen by one of the sponsors, and as far as I can tell went to the vehicle which they would most like to have owned.

Although, it did have an entire flag on it..

this is just my opinion of course :(
--

Offline Thrasher

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Northampton
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 14:03:07 »
:(

I rather liked the Dalmation ..... very very well done.

Oh well....
--
Neil

Offline Guy90

Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 17:21:03 »
Quote from: "Thrasher"

Oh well....

I thought it was meant to be a cow :?  :?  :?

Guy

Offline Manicminer

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 17:53:06 »
Quote from: "Guy110"
Quote from: "Thrasher"

Oh well....

I thought it was meant to be a cow :?  :?  :?

Guy

City dwellers  :roll:

Wouldn't recognize a cow if it bit you on the *arse* ... or would that be the dog   :?: :wink:
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal