AuthorTopic: one ten electrics question  (Read 533 times)

rover51

one ten electrics question
« on: March 19, 2010, 21:21:22 »
Hi there

Am starting to sort out my one ten at last and thought it might be an idea to change from the old glass fuses to blade fuses, in anticipation of this i have already a couple of blade fuse boxes.

Now one question would be do I put these fuseboxes in the same place as the existing one (ie. in front of the gear lever) or is it worth trying to move them higher? (not really intending to go drowning the motor!)

The main question though is about the amps of blade fuses

some items require a 2.5amp fuse but the lowest i can find in blades is 3amp would that be okay or two much?
likewise would a 7.5amp blade fuse replace an 8amp? and a 15amp blade replace a 12amp

or would i be asking for trouble if i did this?

Thanks in advance of any help.

Offline KK Mobile

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Project Not Finished Yet!!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: one ten electrics question
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 23:57:09 »
Done mine about September last year as i had the old glass fuse's. Had a few niggling problems that kept re appearing :sad:

Went to the local lr breakers and got the newer type spaded one & have had no issue's since!! :dance: :dance:

All the colours were the same on the new one which was nice / simple & had the bonus of re doing some properly as there were lots of blank spaces on the box as it was the later type which normaly have more wireing in them. If you up say a 2.5 to a 3 amp that will be fine as it's just the newer size to that which was then.
www.kkmobile.co.uk

I hate tyre kickers!!

rover51

Re: one ten electrics question
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 17:54:41 »
cheers KK appreciate your response

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal