AuthorTopic: Radiator fan switch  (Read 1126 times)

Offline paulmmc

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Radiator fan switch
« on: March 15, 2010, 20:38:08 »
I've moved the radiator into the back of my series 3/RRC hybrid so I have wired up the dual electric fans from the air con radiator on the RRC. However i have found that the rad fan switch is a bit dodgy so it only works if you wiggle it a bit, so i need to buy a new one, but i have two questions;
where can i buy it from?
and can i buy different ones with different temperature settings? If so has anyone any recomendations? What is the original spec?

When the rad fan is running full time the temperature does remain stable so i just need to get the fan to kick on and off at the right time.

Thanks
1981 Series III, Petrol SWB
1987 Rangie 3.5V8 Auto
(Both of the above soon to become one hybrid!)

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Radiator fan switch
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 01:37:04 »
Couple of things, 1st those fans aren't really up to the job, they are meant to suppliment the viscous fan which can shift an awful lot of air.

Ask Wizard about the switch, he sells a decent adjustable capiliary type that you can fit into any hose you choose, so it can detect cold water return or thermostat elbow hot, given how oong your pipes will be you might detect a difference at either end of each pipe.

Also, being in the back you will find the fans on more than noraml because you have removed them from the airflow.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal