AuthorTopic: Northants meet  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Frankie-Boy

• Administrator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Hello to anyone lol
    • Northampton, UK
  • Referrals: 0
Northants meet
« on: March 03, 2010, 11:17:47 »

The earlier thread regarding the Northants meet has now been removed due to a decision being reached, an official announcement will be forthcoming soon.

:) :)
Frank Bayley,
Administrator
email:- frank.bayley@ntlworld.com

Offline Thrasher

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Northampton
Re: Northants meet
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 12:38:22 »
Hello Members,

As an Administrator and (founder) of this club, it is my sorry duty to inform you that this area currently has no area rep.

You are free to meet wherever you want and whenever you want.

This whole affair has shocked me to be honest - seemingly at no point has anyone sat back and thought "I can do this". It was pointed out attendance is very low and a poll was started. This ended up a slanging match. We had a meeting and there was a vote but I deemed it too low a turnout (as acting rep). I then asked the non-attending members to vote (yes, I contradicted myself as I had stated no-show = no vote), this again ended up as a shouting match.

I've had enough of the playground now. No-one seemed interested in my ideas to get more members to attend, no-one made any suggestions.

Therefore, until further notice (i.e. you get a rep) there will be no formal mud-club meet. This doesn't mean you can't continue meeting when/where you were, or for the other non-attending members to simply arrange between themselves another time/place.

I hope this hasn't offended anyone - but it's all I can say about the whole sorry situation. There are other meetings fairly close to Northampton that are having to move to larger premises due to their turnout so it certainly isn't a generic lack of interest, we'd be ok with "The Trip to Jerusalem" at the rate we're going........
--
Neil

Offline lurch_917

Attack Member
  • hi all hows it going
    • kettering
Re: Northants meet
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 21:44:33 »
im sorry to hear this neil as this was the first club i joind and have always got on with members from it , but work now stops me attending the meets wich is a bummer in its self . i do hope it sorts its self out for  the sake of the other dedicated members.
As a youth I could run up and down stairs all day now I'm older it takes me all day just to walk upstairs

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal