AuthorTopic: Certificate of Conformity  (Read 7593 times)

Offline robbie

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Certificate of Conformity
« on: February 27, 2010, 16:29:59 »
I wonder if anyone can help... I have a Land Rover 90 SWB in France and am about to embark on getting it on a French plates. Apparently, it needs a certificate of conformity but I dont know where I might be able ot get one from

Any Ideas??
If I could only find some mud to play in, I would be as happy as the preverbial pig!!!

http://members.mud-club.com/profiles/robbie/gallery/
http://www.mudpics.co.uk/gallery/index.php

1985 Land Rover 90 being worked on for French plates soon
2002 Peugeot 406 GLX Estate - more economic then the Disco, but not as much fun :(
2005 Toyota Yaris T3 - new driving school car

Offline Smego

Attack Member
Re: Certificate of Conformity
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 17:23:46 »
I have a mate who is quite good at forging official documents.
Nissan Patrol GR LWB and a 3rd Gen Surf for fun...

Offline alaric

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 17:30:35 »
Or, and it's just a thought, ask Land Rover UK. They should be able to provide it no problem.

Toyota Greece had no problem sending me one for my Land Cruiser before I bought it to the UK.

Alaric,
"Act your shoe size, not your age..."

2012 Subaru Outback

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 20:28:28 »
Check that really need one if vehicle over 10 years old.  Didn't need a CoC  when I registered my truck for first time in the UK. I did get an official letter from landrover to confirm the build date against the VIN to prove to DVLA it age. But that letter was obtained at landrovers discretion and not a normal service they provide (spoke nicely to LR customer service manager). I think normally you would have to pay to obtained details from the Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon (they might be able to supply CoC too  :-k) . If you haven't already then speak to a real person at the DVLA about permanently exporting your own vehicle out of the UK and they should help with the details without relying on speculation.
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 23:45:38 »
CofC is like a homologation or type approval thing, if your car isn't french market spec then it's basically a barier to importing your own car.  LR might well be able to help, of Gaydon if the original car carried an approval number for French market.

Basically it's a balnket approval that the car(s) meet French law, without it in the Uk we have SVA, whcih amongst other things grey imports often have to pass.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 07:27:24 »
CofC is like a homologation or type approval thing, if your car isn't french market spec then it's basically a barier to importing your own car.  LR might well be able to help, of Gaydon if the original car carried an approval number for French market.

Basically it's a balnket approval that the car(s) meet French law, without it in the Uk we have SVA, whcih amongst other things grey imports often have to pass.

Are the CoC country specific or blanket EU? Surely lots of people take they vehicles into France to live forever that are not built for France - or do they have the equivalent of a SVA too?
Now you point it out I remember it was either a CoC the dvla registration forms called for or in its absence I had to get a SVA *but* found out from DVLA help desk that if it was over 10 years it didn't need SVA only a letter from landrover to prove its age.

Offline robbie

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 16:45:44 »
I subscribe to forums for people based in France or are moving over there and it seems this CoC does need to be in place, along with a roadtest, I guess equivalent of SVA or MOT. It must pass these tests too before being granted french plates.

I will try LR this week and see what they say, I just thouhgt someone may have had a contact/friend who could do something

Thanks for your help :)
If I could only find some mud to play in, I would be as happy as the preverbial pig!!!

2002 Peugeot 406 GLX Estate - more economic then the Disco, but not as much fun :(

Offline alaric

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 18:17:19 »
SVA is for vehicles imported to the UK from outside the EU. A Certificate of European Conformity should be sufficient for the import of a car originally sold in an EU country to another EU country.

There may be rules that I'm not aware of for different age vehicles, but all I needed to bring my 2001 Land Cruiser, originally registered in Greece into the UK in 2008 was the Certificate of European Conformity.

Alaric.
"Act your shoe size, not your age..."

2012 Subaru Outback

Offline robbie

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 11:16:38 »
The CoC needs to be in French for the French authorities to accept it and it can be applied for by ringing 0033 (0)1 61 01 68 61 in France and asking for it. They will email you a document. Ask for it in English too if you want, they have both. When the form is complete send it back with a cheque for 180 Euros and they will send you the form. It takes about 10 days.

Apparently it is specific to each vehicle and needs some investigation/referencing which is why it has a cost to it!

The sad thing is that I am also going to have to go thru the same procedure for my FRENCH BUILT Peugeot estate!!!! They wont accept that just cos it was built in France that it conforms to French standards!!!

What a crazy world :)

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 11:58:57 »
The CoC needs to be in French for the French authorities to accept it and it can be applied for by ringing 0033 (0)1 61 01 68 61 in France and asking for it. They will email you a document. Ask for it in English too if you want, they have both. When the form is complete send it back with a cheque for 180 Euros and they will send you the form. It takes about 10 days.

Apparently it is specific to each vehicle and needs some investigation/referencing which is why it has a cost to it!

The sad thing is that I am also going to have to go thru the same procedure for my FRENCH BUILT Peugeot estate!!!! They wont accept that just cos it was built in France that it conforms to French standards!!!

What a crazy world :)

Seems like good info, where you get it from after?

Offline robbie

Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 12:03:38 »
I finally spoke with Land Rover France and they emailed me the forms within seconds, great service.

If it is a 'general' certificate, then they will provide it for free, I guess is depends on the country. France being France LOOOOVVVEEEESSSSS its paperwork of course....

Offline basquen

Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 14:06:33 »
If its not too late.... try your local DRIRE first (http://www.drire.gouv.fr/national/contacts.html). They are roughly equivalent to the SVA testing authority and they are the ones who process the paperwork on behalf of the prefecture. You need to ask for a 'demande d'indentification de type'. If they have your particular vehicle on file they will charge under 70€ for the same info that LR Paris will sell you at 180€ !!

Good luck

Nick

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal