AuthorTopic: p 38 key code lockout  (Read 2974 times)

Offline shaun and co

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
p 38 key code lockout
« on: January 01, 2010, 18:57:01 »
Hi there. sorry if this has been asked to death before but can anyone help with this?
p 38 has been sat for a while and when we went to start it yesterday the battery was compleatly flat, so connected jump leads to it and got key code lockout on the dash. now i understand that you need the eka code to get into the car but i have previously swapped the becm but have no idea what car that came off as it was from ebay. so does anybody out there know if my old eka code will work if i get it off the dealer or is there a master code?! or anyway around the key code lockout?
thanks for any ideas
Theres no such thing as the wrong sort of mud!

Offline Brett69

Attack Member
Re: p 38 key code lockout
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 22:19:56 »
You will need the code to go with that Becm unit, this will be unable to get from the dealer without the reg of vehicle it was removed from. Sorry. You really shouldn't buy a second hand becm unit without the EKA
Have 4wd Need MUD!!!

P38 Range Rover
Power chipped
Bull Bars
Roof Rails
CB Rig
3" Body Lift
32" Goodyear MTR's
Modified Bumpers & exhaust system

Need Snorkel an winch bumpers

Offline john-sussex

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 23:34:27 »
with the correct software it is possible to 'overwrite' the becm and get things going. If you can't find anyone i know a chap near me who can sort via post.
What happens if you charge the battery and then put the key in the ignition , early cars you need to press the lock/unlock buttons, later just putting the key in. If the locking out has not gone into complete lock down you might be lucky. otherwise its a trip to stealer;indi to sort.
Also have a look on Range Rover . net and find post from rick the pick. knows his stuff and will be able to answer any becm question.

Offline Rickjw

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 11:43:01 »
Rick the pick is Call Rova...
He repairs and unlocks Becm's also has full rovacom test unit and yes he really does know his stuff. I met him when my 4.6 had a problem he is the most helpful person ive met ! He would not give up untill he found the fault and the best part was he didnt keep charging! He is in Brighton.

his website is   http://www.callrova.com/
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 11:46:27 by Rickjw »

Offline shaun and co

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 13:37:51 »
Cheers guys. posted the becm off on friday so should hopefully be getting it back early next week. Richard does sound like he should be able to fix the problem though so fingers crossed..........
Theres no such thing as the wrong sort of mud!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal