AuthorTopic: fourtrac coolant loss  (Read 1865 times)

Offline kevinf

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
fourtrac coolant loss
« on: November 19, 2009, 12:21:15 »
hi folks ive got a fourtrac with the f78 tdi  engine which as just developed a coolant leak from some where behind/below the inlet/exhaust manifold (guess whos stripping it down this weekend :->)
just wondered if any bodys come across this before and can i get parts sorted before the weekend and hopefully get the car back on the road for monday  i.e are there any core plugs etc 

really clutching at straws   kevin
the shinny blue defender with the winch,checker plate body protection,extra seating and windows
and at this point I noticed the n/s air vent wasnt fully closed so lets not forget the mud stained interior and the water logged kenwood 6disc cd

Offline dxmedia

Attack Member
Re: fourtrac coolant loss
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 14:20:23 »
Sounds like core plugs. All engines (as far as I'm aware) have them.  Don't try and liquid metal them back together - just fit new ones.
1959 Unimog 404 DoKa i6
1996 Jeep ZG i6with 6" suspension lift
1999 2.5 v6 Omega autobahn stormer
2001 1.4 Polo

Offline kevinf

Attack Member
Re: fourtrac coolant loss
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 20:41:57 »
hi  dxmedia

thanks for the reply managed to strip some bits off this evening, found where the coolant is coming from,its 1 of 4 drilling's into the side of the cylinder head which hopefully contain core plugs but the holes are about 20mm deep and only about 13mm diameter, so going to ring round the dealers/engine services tomorrow and see what info/parts are available

cheers kevin 
the shinny blue defender with the winch,checker plate body protection,extra seating and windows
and at this point I noticed the n/s air vent wasnt fully closed so lets not forget the mud stained interior and the water logged kenwood 6disc cd

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal