AuthorTopic: CB Mounting  (Read 14756 times)

Offline Disco_Stu

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Any chance of a tow...?
  • Referrals: 0
Re: CB Mounting
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2009, 11:32:06 »
Stuntman's install was good, and the chequer plate good/bad debate probably does not apply when its out of site and painted black inside the cab.

As mentioned in the original thread though, I would serioulsy not want to find that in the way of my forhead in the event of an accident. Head linings and trim are made of soft plastic and impact absorbing materials for a reason.

Admittedly it may never happen, but why chance living the rest of your life with an aquired brain injury because of a mod you made to your truck?

My advice would be to mount it somwhere in your eyeline, where you dont have to root behind seats or under dash boards to turn on/change channels etc.

I did have one mounted in the map pocket which made me nervous to be honest and made it difficult to see the LCD display when it was backlit in the dark, my next will be centrally mounted, slightly angled towards the driver. It may not look the best, most symmetrical install but it will be (hopefully) safe and functional.

Stu.
1994 300Tdi Disco    

Snorkel now complete.... http://forum.difflock.com/viewtopic.php?t=1906&highlight=

Offline SWEETY

Attack Member
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2009, 21:38:18 »
Well after all the views & options i've been given thanks to you guys the roof mount option might not bt the best for me & as I don't like spending money if I can help it :oops:I have found a nice bit of MDF in my shed (hope don't need it for the boot install :roll:) i'm going to have a go at making up a top dash pod to house the CB & poss 1 or 2 gauges out of the MDF & my best friend fibre glass :lol: then either paint it satin black or poss cover it with the same stuff that cover the dash :DI'll post a couple of pic when I get started on it & thanks again for your help ;) :P
I don't suffer insaity ! I enjoy it !!!

Disco 2 V8 powered

Offline mikee

Attack Member
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2009, 20:44:40 »
Hi, I'm a newbie, quite a discussion on CBs or the installation of one.  Why not have a look at http://www.discovery2.co.uk  has an excellent section on fitting a CB, location etc.

If at first you don't succeed - remove all evidence of ever trying

Discovery 2 TD5 Auto

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal