AuthorTopic: 200tdi exhaust on a 300tdi, can I?  (Read 1043 times)

Offline kai

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
200tdi exhaust on a 300tdi, can I?
« on: August 03, 2009, 21:03:02 »
As title suggest can it be done?

As you may have guessed the back box got caught and had to be removed. Got the possibility of obtaining a full 200tdi exhaust for 15 rubs so pretty tempting when compared to 50 rubs for a back box alone.

Also does a 200 have a cat fitted? Cause this system looks as if it doesn't have one.

Why didn't landrover put the cat at the back of the discovery so I could rip that off I stead and still have a decent exhaust huh?

Thanks

Offline ChrisW70

Attack Member
Re: 200tdi exhaust on a 300tdi, can I?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 21:06:40 »
Different downpipes but from that back you can swap around, usual LR nuances tho - some centre pipes are flange type, some are sleeve type but if you're fitting from the downpipe back you should be ok.
Chris W

West Midlands Region GLASS Rep
GLASS TRO Officer

Offline kai

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 22:14:25 »
That's what I like to hear.

Thanks a million

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 22:36:51 »
The front pipe is different because the turbo sits the other way up.

The "cat" is a particle filter and needs to be in the hot stream of gas near the engine.

You may find the hangers on the back box are different, plus the 300 system was not "designed" to be replaced in seperate parts.

But why you can't make the back box fit, other than the hangers, I can't imagine.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline kai

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 22:53:54 »
The front pipe is different because the turbo sits the other way up.

The "cat" is a particle filter and needs to be in the hot stream of gas near the engine.

You may find the hangers on the back box are different, plus the 300 system was not "designed" to be replaced in seperate parts.

But why you can't make the back box fit, other than the hangers, I can't imagine.

I'm actually only after the bendy but of the back box as I want to make a side exit for the old girl as the old one bent at every turn when it got squashed. My current center box is fine, I was thinking of fitting a de cat pipe, what am I saying WILL fit a Decat pipe ( after I investigate if it's already gone or not).

I heard there are bolted system and push fit systems too. Can get an entire system including de cat pipe on fleabay for 80metal sheets. Seams a little expensive seeing as I may already have a de cat pipe plus I want to chop the back box up.

Lol I better get under the truck and investigate this. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal