Events, Gatherings, Out & About > Members' Travels

Just got back from Norway (Orig: Anyone going to Norway??)

<< < (3/3)

Whatmot:
Thanks MuddyBlue, I'll make a note to check those out. Ive also made a note a check out the Geiranger and Naeroyfi fjords...

(I think) I have set my heart on going in June/July time so if anyone is seriously interested in tagging along please give me a shout

beatmasterdave:
hi there! all this talk sounds great!!!!!!
I'd love to get involved! i have been looking into Morocco recently, had plans of the alps before. Norway would be awsome! I'd have to go ice climbing in Roujkan though! Hoaw are plans coming along? Room for one more?

Whatmot:
PM sent! Anyone else??

Whatmot:
Wellll, at the beginning of July, me and the girlfriend packed up my Mav and said goodbye to the UK for three weeks and set our sights on Scandinavia as planned.

We caught a DFDS cargo ferry from Immingham to Gothenburg (in Sweden) (although they do one to Brevik in Norway but that was fully booked). Our trip started from Oslo and then onto Voss and Bergen. We then headed north taking in the Naeroyfjord, the Jotunheimen nation park and the Geirangerfjord. By then we were in Trondhiem so headed up the coast towards Bodo where we caught another ferry to the Lofoten Islands. We worked our way along them to Tromso before heading towards the Northcape to enjoy the midnight sun. From there we headed south into Sweden and Stockholm. Our journey finished in Copenhagen. All I can say is WOW! The scenery was totally breathtaking in places. The weather was ok so it didn't dampen our spirits too much. Three weeks really wasn't long enough so we have decided to go back again next year.

Here are the all important pictures. We have more, but my girlfriend is still sorting through hers so they will be up in a few days time. Enjoy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version