AuthorTopic: ISO leads for replacement stereo on GC  (Read 1575 times)

Offline El Hair

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Ash Vale, Surrey
  • Referrals: 0
ISO leads for replacement stereo on GC
« on: June 08, 2009, 12:27:43 »
Fellas (and Fell-lasses!),

Looking to replace the factory-fitted head unit of my WJ (Cassette/Radio with Autochanger in boot) with a Sony unit (CDX-GT50UI). I have a replacement facia with fits with no problems. However, I'm having problems locating an appropriate ISO cable.

Went to Halfrauds and after initially being told by some Chav-like herbert that a cable wasn't required, I found that the equivalent Armour Auto cable was PC9-407 (http://www.armourauto.com/downloads/09cat/Armour_Catalogue_2009_lowRes.pdf) for which they wanted £46!

Now, I've found this actual cable elswhere for approx £25 which I'm still a bit miffed at paying. However, looking on Flea-bay I've come across PC2-584, but the descriptions on Ebay say that this isn't suitable for amplified systems (I've also asked the seller to confirm and they said non-amped too).

The GC has the Infinity system with the Amp under the back seat. So, I'm assuming I need a amp-suitable cable. Therefore, which one do I need?

Craig
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Was: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ) 4.7L V8
Now: 1983 Land Rover Series III 88" 2.25L

Offline ChrisW70

Attack Member
Re: ISO leads for replacement stereo on GC
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 13:26:46 »
According to the vehicle database (click here for a copy) they don't make a lead for the 'New Boston amped' or the 'Rear amped Boston system'

Jeep Wrangler is listed under the 'C' tab - Chrysler presumably.

Maybe a call to their technical helpline will furnish you with what you require.

(Autolead / ArmourAuto appear to be different trading names of the same company)
Chris W

West Midlands Region GLASS Rep
GLASS TRO Officer

Offline El Hair

Attack Member
    • Ash Vale, Surrey
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 14:19:44 »
Thanks for the link - must've missed this on the web site.

Looking at it though,I might have a solution. My GC is a '99 T-reg. Looking at row 69 under 'C' it appears PC2-58-4 works as well as PC9-407. Given that PC2 is coming in around four quid I might plump for that.

Craig
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Was: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ) 4.7L V8
Now: 1983 Land Rover Series III 88" 2.25L

Offline nismo2004

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 19:21:32 »
try ebay, i have a 99 cherokee and my partner has a 96 grand and we both bought the iso adaptors and the facia panel for the dash, the iso leads are only £5 and the facias are £6 depending on the company selling them.

if you remove your old unit and look at the connector on the rear you can compare it with the connectorn te add and make sure its the right one before you buy.

good luck
paul

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal