AuthorTopic: Whats happened now?  (Read 710 times)

Offline Axetamer

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Whats happened now?
« on: May 28, 2009, 22:02:28 »
I've had my truck running fine after my timing tensioner and broken rocker woes of the 2 weeks ago, it has passed the MOT ok.

Today I've fitted new gaskets to the vacuum pump and fitted a new oil seperator thingy to the side of the rocker cover to stop a couple of oil leaks, even degreased the engine it was spotless until I went around my mates place..the truck ran fine all the way there, but when I parked it on a large rock(to show my friend the articulation) with the nearside front wheel on the rock, HUGE amounts of grey smoke come out of the exhaust....

I reversed back off the rock and revved the motor and the smoke from the exhaust cleared, To me it seems as if neat engine oil was being blasted into the turbo from somewhere.  I got the missus to come out in the disco and follow me back home, incase of any further problems,  but I had no smoke whatsover until I turned right into our close where it belched out the grey smoke once again.

On lifting the bonnet I can see large amounts of oil around the oil filler and along the manifold side of the rocker cover...any ideas?

I'm thinking that as its an old motor, with unknown mileage,  perhaps me sealing the leaks has increased crankcase pressure forcing oil up the breathers?

By the way it has the correct amount of oil in it and hasn't been overfilled
Where words fail...Music speaks

Axetamer

Offline Axetamer

Attack Member
Re: Whats happened now?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 22:12:07 »
forgot to say its a 200tdi

Axetamer

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 23:58:53 »
what's it breathing like with engine running with rocker cap off ?
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline Axetamer

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 17:23:30 »
Swapped the oil seperator back with the old one with new o-ring...problem cured no oil leaks or smoke, but I have noticed that the new one when blown through seems to have a lot more resistance to blowing than the old one, I think it must have some sort of bypass valve in it which is sending oil down the pipe rather than back into the rockers,  probably not helped by an old engine breathing a bit heavy???????

Axetamer

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal