AuthorTopic: galvanised chassis  (Read 714 times)

Offline yolandie

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
galvanised chassis
« on: May 21, 2009, 21:36:36 »
has any one had there chassis galvanised if so how much did it cost as
i am thinking of having mine done
cheers dale
Here's the code:

Offline marsie

Attack Member
Re: galvanised chassis
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 22:07:34 »
the majority of galvanisers will refuse to touch a second hand chassis because they have to be clean and free from trapped water and have a habit of exploding when dipped in the tank :shock: having said that i am sure somebody will do it for you,but i have no idea on cost-sorry :doh:
Paul :twisted:

Offline Mutz

Attack Member
  • Norwich, Norfolk.
    • Norwich
Re: galvanised chassis
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 17:42:37 »
You would probably be better off just buying a new galv chassis, by the time youve stripped it then spent alot of time cleaning the chassis down then re assemble; and you would still have an old chassis which has been galved, with inherited water already in it.

Your not going to get the rust out of the inside, and your chassis will just rot from within, would look a bit better while it was rusting away tho.

If everything else on your 90 has been rebuilt anyway you wouldnt have to overhaul/replace much else; unlike myself and V8moneypit!!!!

Im still trying to stop rust reappearing on my rear axle, after 5 or 6 coats of hammerite!!!

There are often galved chassis on the bay which have been shotblasted and galved so most of the work has been done for you already, think they go for about £6-700.

1995 300tdi 90 rebuilt and on the road (but still a project)
1992 Pajero SWB 2.5 Auto (failed its MOT and for sale if you want it)

"I Havn't got a Bad Attitude; you just can't handle my personality"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal