AuthorTopic: does anyone know  (Read 5265 times)

Offline yer auld aunt nelly

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
does anyone know
« on: March 20, 2005, 22:41:47 »
someone has no doubt already asked.But anyway i got me a 3.5 n,a stromberg twin carbed v8 110  much like the set up on the 1st rangies.So is it possible to fit either a single k&n filter through a single induction point like a sorkel or such like,or convert in such a way so i dont have all that bleeding air trunking and filter sitting in the bay just waiting to suck in the 1st decent puddle it comes across.p.s is there an alternative to all that god forsaken silver foil breather hosing everywhere in my loverly engine bay hanging around and getting in my way.I mean in the days of neoprene this and pimp my ride that there must be something out there :roll:
yer better not naff this up an come back to these shores or god help me yer auld aunt nelly will jump out of her grave an like as not kick yer teeth in......

Offline drum

Attack Member
does anyone know
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 06:15:53 »
I would change as much of the tubing as you can, to rubber\neoprene hosing. If it's a stanardish setup you should be able to get some pre-cut lengths.

Then have 2 snorkels :twisted:

Attack Member
CHEERS BUD
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 19:41:25 »
yes sound mate that is just what i ment.But what im getting at in a roundabout way is how do i go about doing away with that old kettle/filter at the back of my engine bay and what do u do about the hot air cold air flappie thingy on that pain in the arse air box.What do you do about them bleeding breather pipes :x  i.e. connect them to what? And is it poss to put  both carbs through the one filter/intake or snorkel.While im at, it i live in m.k. which while to car mod heaven if you drive something gay other wise your  screwed.So where would you find replacment fittings for all the pooey bits in me bay if you follow :lol: .Plus everyone who sales snorkles only does so for the EFI v8.A lot of questions i know but this the family bus,so cannot be of the road to long and the  :P nice side of cheap would be well "nice" chears nige and AULD AUNT NELLY as we call her.An how she got called that is another storie :lol:
yer better not naff this up an come back to these shores or god help me yer auld aunt nelly will jump out of her grave an like as not kick yer teeth in......

Offline landyman Ash

Attack Member
does anyone know
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 21:49:23 »
I had a V8 carb in mine and changed the air box for a Rover SD1 air box.  It only has a single inlet at the back that you simple connect a Series 3 2.25 snorkel too.  I extended the pipe (its a fraction too short) with a section of metal pipe and a shed load of silicone.  It worked a treat!!   :D

I may still even have the SD1 air box if you interested.   :wink:
Ashley (but everyone knows me as Ash...)

Roxanne the 88" 300tdi auto Hybrid Trayback thats broken more than its fixed
Rosie the 300 Tdi auto disco that picks the hybrid up when broken...
Daisey the trailer that sits behind Rosie and lies under Roxanne.
The sexy threesome!!!!!!

Attack Member
the cut of yer gib
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 22:06:00 »
I like the cut of yer gib young just the sort of thing im after ill maybe see you on the next green lane?and ows about the rest o me quires? :lol:

Offline Xtremeteam

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • Its just the way i roll
    • lampeter, west wales
does anyone know
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 18:58:16 »
i removed the warm air set up & fitted a bit o hose to replace it all will get a pic n post it up
Mike
I can Drive.. You can criticize..
I too can criticize like you.. but can you Drive like me??

Offline landyman Ash

Attack Member
does anyone know
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 20:40:13 »
Whats the silver breather hose???? Im a bit lost there. If you mean the little breather on the top of the air box I sealed mine  :lol:  Not sure you supposed too but it ran for a year fine before it went efi!!!
Ashley (but everyone knows me as Ash...)

Roxanne the 88" 300tdi auto Hybrid Trayback thats broken more than its fixed
Rosie the 300 Tdi auto disco that picks the hybrid up when broken...
Daisey the trailer that sits behind Rosie and lies under Roxanne.
The sexy threesome!!!!!!

hingmy

does anyone know
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 11:07:46 »
I used the t-piece and elbows from the v8 110 setup running back to a 3.9 efi r/r airbox and thence to the snorkel flexi. The t-piece will want turning round btw

Attack Member
cool an the gang
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 10:45:33 »
thats the one i wanted :lol: cheers bud

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal