AuthorTopic: Where can I get my 300TDI tuned and tweaked?  (Read 874 times)

Offline Landyman

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Where can I get my 300TDI tuned and tweaked?
« on: May 01, 2009, 22:50:48 »
Hi
Like the title says can anyone recomend somwhere not too far from me in Cambridgeshire that can tweak my pump timing and maybe play with the turbo to get me a little better performance and a little less smoke.  :roll:
I think it's already been played around with as it is a bit smokey but its not oil burning smoke its like black over fueling smoke.  :huh:
I've tried ajusting the pump myself but it either get's more black smoke or it seriously reduces performance  :huh: I think I need some expert help  :undecided:
Landyman ...
If in doubt go flat out!!!!

Offline Disco Matt

Attack Member
Re: Where can I get my 300TDI tuned and tweaked?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 23:14:58 »
If you can take your intercooler out, flush it, and reinstall it then you'll get a nice performance boost (and no need to declare it as you've merely given the car a good service). I used the following process:

Remove intercooler. Gently hose dried mud from lower 1/4 of it (do not use a pressure washer as it will wreck the cooling fins).
Lay intercooler on its back and fill with paraffin. Leave for a few hours, with the odd gentle shake to slosh it about
Empty into a suitable container. It will come out black.
Repeat with remaining paraffin
Drain, flush with water until it runs clear
Leave to dry thoroughly (IMPORTANT - if there is any water or paraffin left it will damage your engine)
Refit

1996 Discovery 300TDI. She's got it where it counts...

Offline Landyman

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 09:01:11 »
Mines got a very large intercooler that someone else fitted. I think my real problem is the fuel pump settings. I know you can ajust it but I can't seem to get it right I just thought it might be easier to get someone that knows what they are doing to set it up.  :-k
Landyman ...
If in doubt go flat out!!!!

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 19:28:45 »
Leave to dry thoroughly (IMPORTANT - if there is any water or paraffin left it will damage your engine)
Any suitable solvent will do. I speed up the drying with an adjustable heat gun inserted in one port and let it blow thru until the fumes stop.
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal