AuthorTopic: Wont do owt!  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Yoshi

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Wont do owt!
« on: April 29, 2009, 20:54:33 »
My indicators went on the 300tdi XS discovery.  So i pulled the fuse out and it was blown so i pulled another fuse out to put it in the hole only now it wont give me any ignition setup!  Even though i have put the fuse back in!

So i dont know what to do, turn the key and nothing happens, no ignition lights or nowt!  Just constantly get the noise from where the key is in the ignition in position 1!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 20:57:21 by Paul »

1995 Discovery XS 300TDi 4" lift and ready to go!

There is no devil, theres only god when he's drunk - Tom Waits.

Offline Yoshi

Attack Member
Re: Wont do owt!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 18:15:25 »
Anyone?  I need this motor running at the mo as the fiesta is off the road! lol

Offline KingWolf

Attack Member
    • Spalding, Lincs
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 18:28:39 »
I'm clutching at straws here mate but......have you checked all the fuses to make sure another one hasn't blown...??? have you checked all the master fuses under the bonnet as it sounds like there might be a break in the main ignition circuit somewhere... :shock: Does the alarm still work?

It might be worth disconnecting the battery for a while too....this is a complete shot in the dark....lol

Not much help I know but without seeing it and getting the mulitmeter out I'm just guessing (as usual)... :lol:

Mark

oh yeah - what's with the name change mate...??
96' Discovery XS TDI with Muds, Lightbar, Snorkel, Guardian Tank Guard, Steering Guard, Wading Kit, Winch Bumper and Winch...!!!! Lift kit next..... :-)

Offline Yoshi

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 21:34:02 »
Right, now looking at the diagram it would appear the fuse i removed would be F1 on satellite fusebox 1 (which if i am correct is the one below the main fusebox under the steering wheel) which says only "alarm" next to it under description.

But whats of interest is further long the fuse box is another one which says "ignition load relay" and i am wondering if me remove the F1 fuse has done that one in when i started it without fuse F1 in place?

Offline Rossko

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 09:58:57 »
Right, now looking at the diagram it would appear the fuse i removed would be F1 on satellite fusebox 1 (which if i am correct is the one below the main fusebox under the steering wheel) which says only "alarm" next to it under description.

I would guess that the alarm module thought it was being hot-wired (power to ignition, but no power to alarm) and has immobilised.

I don't know how you get out of that but it'll be in the driver's handbook probably
GLASS

Offline KingWolf

Attack Member
    • Spalding, Lincs
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 10:24:46 »
Try disconnecting the batter for a good 10 -15 Min's. This should allow the electrical system to "power down". Reconnect the battery and then arm, and then disarm the alarm system and try again.

I've just tried to start mine with the alarm activated...!!!! and all the alarm seems to do is disconnect the starter motor as when the ignition is switched on all the normal dashboard lights light up.... so I'm now starting to think that if your not getting any dashboard lights when the ignition is switched on then there must be a fuse somewhere else that's blown...!!!

Mark....(still scratching his head over this)
96' Discovery XS TDI with Muds, Lightbar, Snorkel, Guardian Tank Guard, Steering Guard, Wading Kit, Winch Bumper and Winch...!!!! Lift kit next..... :-)

Offline KingWolf

Attack Member
    • Spalding, Lincs
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 10:42:00 »
Also there are 6 main circuit fuses located under the bonnet (drivers side next to the headder tank bottle) have a look and see if these are all ok as well... then report back so I can start thinking of something else for you to try mate.... :D

Mark.

Offline Yoshi

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 11:28:06 »
Hurrah, its alive!

Its my fault!  It would appear when i fitted the new ignition i didnt plug the wire in properly in the fusebox til it clicks.  I was just checking fuses and found it wasnt connected.  So now its connected it all works! 

Hurrah and dont i feel stupid, and yes it clicked this time when i put it in! lol

Offline KingWolf

Attack Member
    • Spalding, Lincs
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 12:44:46 »
 :doh: :doh: :doh: you twonk...!!!!!! you never mentioned anything about you fitting a new ignition...!!!!!!! you've had me searching through wiring diagrams trying to find a cause...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

However I'm glad you've managed to find the problem and are back on the road...!!!

Mark.

Offline Yoshi

Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 13:36:31 »
LOL the new ignition was fitted a few weeks ago, about 2 days after we had gotten it, but alas, all but 1 indicator works now, so will have a looksie at that when its not raining and get it rectified! lol

But cheers for caring with your manlove mate :D lol

Offline lukeLR90

Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 19:22:56 »
its called bromance man lol!!
time to go......

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal