AuthorTopic: P38 gremlins  (Read 1031 times)

Offline R2D2

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • "Old Tart" white, new "Jump-Jet" blue one 2xLPG
  • Referrals: 0
P38 gremlins
« on: April 28, 2009, 18:18:54 »
Hi all,

Still very pleased with my lastest purchase     :dance:    but need your advice on the usual faults please.   :doh:

Seat belt light comes on with ignition but does not pester me to put it on     :-k  - will this be a fuse or wiring, also heater elements in front seats not working.   Swltch indicators come on , but no warm leather.   :roll:

Have new EAS seal coming to speed the leveling up  up  Good job it's runnung on gas whilst I wait to move off   :D  :D

Cheers
Rgds  David
:smiley:

Gosh, this water's deep!!! Only comes half-way up that duck.

Offline charlie420

Attack Member
Re: P38 gremlins
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 22:47:16 »
hi think its only the us models that harass you to belt up, as for heated seats its either broken heater element wire in the seat or a dodgy thermostatic switch also in the seat. there is an article on rangerovers.net that explains fixing methods but in my experience its a proper pain in the ass. good luck

Offline ben-dent

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 20:11:54 »
Hi all,

Still very pleased with my lastest purchase     :dance:    but need your advice on the usual faults please.   :doh:

Seat belt light comes on with ignition but does not pester me to put it on     :-k  - will this be a fuse or wiring, also heater elements in front seats not working.   Swltch indicators come on , but no warm leather.   :roll:

Have new EAS seal coming to speed the leveling up  up  Good job it's runnung on gas whilst I wait to move off   :D  :D

Cheers

just a quick not, hoding your foot on the brake pedal will cause the EAS to be slow at coming up, i found out, after thinking why hasnt it gone up yet, i pop bonnet and jump out, check all pipes, and couldnt find anything, so jump in, and leave my foot off the pedal, and it goes up almost instantly :doh: :doh:
Ben Haynes

1984(B) Rangie Vouge V8) (DENT)
1986(D) Rangie Vouge CCV Trialer

Offline dod51e

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 01:06:06 »
The heater elements are the most likely culprit in the seats.  Not too costly to buy but a [!Expletive Deleted!] to fit.  Seat belt warning will not bug you.  As said, that is just for the americans who can't remember such complex matters.  :lol:
The EAS will slow down the  suspension with your foot on the brakes, also if you have a door open. 

Offline R2D2

Attack Member
  • "Old Tart" white, new "Jump-Jet" blue one 2xLPG
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 10:08:05 »
Cheers all,  I read that the auto timer self levelling system gets readings from height sensors, every four hours or so, so adjusts to lowest point, to sit level.

Sometimes mine levels out, but sometimes lets it go right down overnight.   :doh:  :doh:  and on the bump-stops empties the air tank.   :doh:

If a door is left open and the engine running, the pump should fill the tank in 7 - 10 mins ... mine not  :roll:  :roll:

So pretty sure I need a new pump.. calling warranty people as we speak    :shock:  BTW if I remove the timer delay under passenger seat  - whilst door open - when I switcth it off it stays inflated for days...   :cool:

Cheers
Rgds  David
:smiley:

Gosh, this water's deep!!! Only comes half-way up that duck.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal