AuthorTopic: Swapping seats in a 300 Series Disco - can you swap early ones for later ones?  (Read 765 times)

Offline auf_wiedersehen_pet

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Will these seats from a later 300 Series Disco fit straight onto the seat runners of an early 300 Series Disco originally fitted with these seats.

Sorry about the poor photos - they are not my adverts.
Rob Steele

1995 Land Rover Discovery 300 TDi - Everyday Car (Ex Jap)
2007 Toyota Avensis 2.2 T-180 - Sensible Car (Ex TSB Bank)

Offline crazymac

Attack Member
Don't see why not? Even if you have to swap them onto the original runners it should be fine.
I HAVE THE BODY OF A GOD

shame its Budda!!

Offline BigA

Attack Member
Later Disco 300's had different seat bases to earlier. The earlier ones have a bolt in frame (mine has 1995) and the later had a steel frame that was part of the floor (if that makes sense). The later seats have a wider seat base. I know this as i brought a set to replace mine. they can be fitted but an adapter plate needs to be made up to widen your existing frame (if thats what you have), and if you get electric seats this gets a bit more complicated due to the moters being at the base, and therefore you have to raise the seats also?

hope that made sense, and helps?

Andy
1978 Series III 88"

Offline auf_wiedersehen_pet

Attack Member
hope that made sense, and helps?

Andy

Andy, that's very useful. It sounds like it could be a lot of aggro, especially as I was looking to replace manual with electric!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Rob Steele

1995 Land Rover Discovery 300 TDi - Everyday Car (Ex Jap)
2007 Toyota Avensis 2.2 T-180 - Sensible Car (Ex TSB Bank)

Offline BigA

Attack Member
Andy, that's very useful. It sounds like it could be a lot of aggro, especially as I was looking to replace manual with electric!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well lets just say, mine sat in the garage for about 6 months, and i did a lot of scratching of the head looking at them, and then sold them again  :lol:.

An additional issue, is that there were none of the looms required for the electric seats in my Disco.
1978 Series III 88"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal