AuthorTopic: VITARA trouble  (Read 873 times)

Offline big_dan

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
VITARA trouble
« on: April 09, 2009, 08:10:11 »
right guys i need ur help

my Gf has a fatboy vitara 1.6 on a M reg and it has a fuel starvation fault it will run for a bit with a slight missfire it will drvie for a few miles ok then it will feel as if it runs out of fuel then cut out and it wont start for a while then it starts and does the same again.

i have had the tank off and checked for blockages, checked the fuel lines for blockages, new fuel filter, looks like its had a new fuel pump, dizzy cap, leads and plugs.

last night i fitted a new carb to it that came off a working VIT and it worked fine for a little bit then did the same again

im totally stuck with it. does a M reg 1.6 have a ECU - would that cause it.

when i look in side the carb with the filter off there are two injectors on on the right which seems to have fuel flowing out of it when i rev the engine and the one on the left has nothing copming out of it - is this normal.

im new to VITs can any one help - or anyone in the bristol area able to take a look at

thanks

dan

Offline steve howes

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: VITARA trouble
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 14:46:17 »
has yours got the fuel pump built into the tank . i had a vit a it did almost exactly the same thing. i fitted a new fuel pump and it cured the problem .might be worth a try
if your not behind our troops please feel free to stand in front of them !

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal