AuthorTopic: jimny wobble YET AGAIN  (Read 909 times)

Offline jamesey

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • land rover recovery service.
  • Referrals: 0
jimny wobble YET AGAIN
« on: March 25, 2009, 14:28:10 »
hi ive just lifted the jimny with a kap 3" lift pro comp es3000s , adjustable panhards front and rear , a front steering damper , ive also just had a full wheel alignment and needed 4 new track rod ends , now it drives lovely but on a bypass near us driving at 55 mph the steering wheel wobbles very very slightly i can cope with that but when i come to brake it wobbles that bad again i have to stop to stop it  , this is really getting me down now and if its not sorted soon im going to cut my losses and sell the thing .
do you think it could be the wheels and tyres they are vitara offsett wheels and stick out a bit further than normal , ive got 215 75 15 ats on it , i think the front panhard might need adjusting slightly as the wheel on the passenger side sticks out a little further , any help on this would be great or maybe somone near me to have a look for me im really stumped :( :'( :( :'(

Offline mad geordies

Attack Member
Re: jimny wobble YET AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 14:38:46 »
tyres balanced? check air in them? heel nuts good? front wheel bearings? easy options 1st

Offline jamesey

Attack Member
  • land rover recovery service.
Re: jimny wobble YET AGAIN
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 18:32:58 »
ive put some standard wheels back on and it doesnt wobble now , i found out the wheels i had on were wideboy vitara rims , so they stuck out quite a lot.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal