AuthorTopic: Insurance  (Read 433 times)

Offline zulublue

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Insurance
« on: March 04, 2009, 17:23:10 »
OK, I know this has been covered partly before but I want to give you an indication of what could happen.

I have just renewed my Insurance with Adrian Flux a good fair price based on limited mileage, over the last 12 months I have done a fair few mods to the Landy of which will alter it's value, AF are happy to revise this value price and it was at no extra cost £218.00 FC protected.

When I asked how the value of the truck would be applied if stolen or in an accident, the reply was it would be at market value and it may take the mods in to consideration, I said I don't wish to be rude but may is not good enough, I was then told I can have a guaranteed valuation for an extra £10, no brainer so this is the route I am taking, I will need to supply photo's of the kit added and if required invoices, although I don't have all of them.

I just wanted to let you know that it means sod all if your motor is insured for £2k or £10k if they base it on the value of the truck only you could loose all of your valuable mods you have put on, get pictures, keep invoices, make sure you have a guaranteed value.

Mark.

Offline Range Rover Red

Attack Member
Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 18:09:25 »
If you've not already sent everything back, make sure you do ASAP.  I went down this route a couple of years ago, but I was seriously ill soon after I took out the policy, including a couple of stays in hospital (I'm fine now) and I forgot about sending the photos.  They do not send out reminders - the onus is on you to get them back.

When I made a claim a few months later, they sent me a letter saying that they would use the market value of the RR - about £1500 less than the agreed value.  At this stage, they wrote to me quite regularly demanding the keys and the V5.

Here's hoping that you don't need to find out how good your insurers actually are when you need them :D
Jeremy Clarkson's worst nightmare - a woman driver in a 4x4 towing a caravan

Offline Disco-andy

Attack Member
Re: Insurance
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 19:52:27 »
i have used Adrian Flux for every thing bike/car's house for the last few years they have always been cheep and good.  . but got my renewal last week and it well over £100 higher than any of the compare site and the other land rover ones in the mag's.  I know i have mod's to consider but for a standard 90 I will be shopping around a lot this year.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal