AuthorTopic: 200 TDi request for help...  (Read 982 times)

Offline MudPlugger

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • I don't grow up, I just get bigger toys!
  • Referrals: 0
200 TDi request for help...
« on: March 02, 2009, 21:49:55 »
I'm just posting this in the hope that there is somebody in the Nottingham/Nottinghamshire area that could either offer me either help or some guidance, basically I have my dad's old 200TDi Disco the MOT has run out on it and for months we've had the parts to do a 300TDi light upgrade. But I am useless at doing anything where I have to hack things away I've adapted the wires for the indicators etc but don't have a clue how to fit them!

Is there anybody out there that can help me please as I am desperate to get the old girl back on the road!
200TDi Discovery
+2" Bearmach blue springs, +2" ProComp ES9000 Shocks, 31x10.50R16 Colway MT's, Heavy Duty steering arms, Safari snorkel, Midland CB radio, Extended bump stops, fully chequer plated rear.

Soon to have:
Full length roof rack, more lights than you can shake a stick at, +2" spacers, 2" lowered twin shock turrets, dislocation cones all round, Heavy duty bumpers. Possibly bigger tyres (Much bigger!!!) and more than likely body lifts etc.

Offline MudPlugger

Attack Member
Re: 200 TDi request for help...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 02:38:19 »
No takers?

Tea or coffee and bacon sarnies by the dozen to the helpful chaps (or chapettes) that will give me some help...
200TDi Discovery
+2" Bearmach blue springs, +2" ProComp ES9000 Shocks, 31x10.50R16 Colway MT's, Heavy Duty steering arms, Safari snorkel, Midland CB radio, Extended bump stops, fully chequer plated rear.

Soon to have:
Full length roof rack, more lights than you can shake a stick at, +2" spacers, 2" lowered twin shock turrets, dislocation cones all round, Heavy duty bumpers. Possibly bigger tyres (Much bigger!!!) and more than likely body lifts etc.

Offline carracarra13

Attack Member
  • just add mud lots of mud
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 07:46:08 »
nearly tempted on that one just wish I was near to you as Im now going to be doing the same thing but thinking of td5 frount end
v8 3.9 se discovery
pland mod lpg or hydrogen kit ?
allterains
twin battery, and water proofing engin and electrics
imverta

Offline craig_midz

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 16:18:58 »
it is a piece of pee mate

Offline lee celtic

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 20:18:12 »
Me and my mate are stripping a 300 at the moment and he has a spare set of lamps.

I'm thinking it can't be that hard and I haven't found a write up anywhere of how too ...

So after my MOT (this week ) if it passes  [-o< I might have a go .. with pics.. and instructions...  :-k :-k

could be a disaster ..but fun.. :lol: :lol:
so many hills , so little time ....
discovery TD5
work in progress...lol

Offline MudPlugger

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 21:43:31 »
Yeh we did have a template for it that someone had made but they'd resized it to make it fit an A4 piece of paper :doh: but I'm trying to get the old girl back on the road by the first Wednesday of next month, as I've never been to the pub meet!

Plus the fact that I've been off the road for the past 6 months (due to an accident) I now want to get back on the road ASAP
200TDi Discovery

Soon to have:

Offline Disco-andy

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 22:02:16 »
Me and a mate did it on guess work, took about 20 min and tured out fine . just drill some holes for the ajusters, as they are on ball joints anyway they dont have to be perfect.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal