AuthorTopic: suzuki sj413 with vit 8v overheating  (Read 1219 times)

Offline lewisredfern001

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
suzuki sj413 with vit 8v overheating
« on: February 12, 2009, 21:17:32 »
hi guys i have just recently purchased my 1st offroading vehicle

its a suzuki sj with 1.6 8v vitara engine but i have a little problem: basically when you drive it, after 10-15 minutes it overheats. but it doesnt overheat when left sat on idle, today i left it idling for at least 30-45minutes and it was fine.

its running the 413 rad and viscous fan
the water is pumping freely as you can see this when removing the rad lid
it isnt running a thermostat
the dip stick or oil cap has no sign of oil/water mix

when this 1st happened it appeared that the rad cap seal was not on correctly but it is now. today i left the rad cap off and run it for at least 20minutes with the heater on aswell to bleed it but i have not been able to run it on the road.

does this sound like its a head gasket or could it just be drawing in air??

thaks

lewis

Offline horsethief

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Mootara say's show me the water
  • Referrals: 0
Re: suzuki sj413 with vit 8v overheating
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 03:44:14 »
 [-XIs it the old sj rad?Ithink the vit 1.6 is bigger.Have tried back flushing the rad.Diconnect it from the engine and shove a hose pipe up the bottom.(not for those that lead sheltered lives lol)I wrap insulation tape round the hose ad leave it running.If only a bit of muck comes out get some rad cleaner from motor factors.I've got a1.6 8v never had overheating and it got a/c rad in front of it.If you had a head gasket prob,you would have A.white smoke/steam from exhaust,B.oil and water mix,C.pressure in water pushing water out rad when open and D.water loss.Let enginge get hot and check for leaks but make sure system is pesurrised,leave cap on and tight.
Now got some camacs and bfg a/ts can't get it stuck.Need longer legs.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal