AuthorTopic: Ignition upgrade, which one??  (Read 5039 times)

Offline Grunter

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Ignition upgrade, which one??
« on: March 10, 2005, 22:36:05 »
I was all set to purchase the aldon electronic ignition upgrade for my 3.5 carb R/R which is currently running a lucas sport coil, however once again the goalposts have moved!! I run LPG most of the time and have been looking at these timing processors available, and theres where the confusion starts, the two units i am thinking of are the A&R amp by RPI or the one by chris perfect, as far as i can gather one has an analog retard adjustment and the other has a number of selectable positions but a greater range, is this correct? Then there is the issue of compatability, will either work with the aldon ignition? (or any other aftermarket electronic ignition) is the lucas coil compatable?  

any info to save me the headache of a mis-matched system would be great.
This should present no significant problems

83 4dr R/R
LPG, Chrysler auto, 265's
Steering guard
2" suspension lift
2 1/2" body lift
es9000 +4"

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
Ignition upgrade, which one??
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 12:15:58 »
I'm a bit dubious about the Iwema one now I've got it, it plays up regularlt and I've been told there are others available at half the price.  That said it works with the factory electronic ignition system, why no hunt one of these down and then you have a stcok system.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal