AuthorTopic: Frontera start problem!!!!  (Read 1315 times)

Offline brightsparx

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Frontera start problem!!!!
« on: January 17, 2009, 21:27:11 »
 :'(  hiya all newbie from glasgow, i bought a p reg frontera and have a problrm starting from cold, turn the key the car will start straight away, will idle for a short time then cuts out, turn the key again it starts straight away and does the same thing, this is constant eventually it will start and run great all day, if i stop the car for a short time it will start again and be fine, if i leave it for a period of time then i have the same problem starting it again, i have changed various parts air flow mtr, idle control valve, crank sensor, ect any advise would be appreciated, thanx all

Drift

Re: Frontera start problem!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 22:35:28 »
What engine is it?

Offline brightsparx

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 23:29:09 »
hi ste its a 2.0 ltr sport petrol

Offline brightsparx

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 23:33:37 »
to be a little mote acurate, i have replaced just about all the sensors, no luck i tryed bypassing the feuel pump relay so it had a permenent feed from the ignition, the pump works fine now when i start the car it idles for a few mins then ther is something attempting to cut the enging off, the engine dies then revs then dies and so on this can happen for 5 - 10 mins befor its drivable, any idea's? could it be the imobiliser trying to shut the engine off?

Drift

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 01:12:18 »
Other than the fuel pump rely breaking down, I would suggest the lamba  sensor  is giving false readings when cold, this sends signals to the ecu to control the air fuel mixture, located on the exhaust down pipe to the right of the engine as you look at it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal