AuthorTopic: Bobtail pickup  (Read 5396 times)

Offline johnniep

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Bobtail pickup
« on: March 07, 2005, 21:30:06 »
hi all
i was just wanderin if anyone here has done a bobtail pickup witha 4door?
just i bought a 3.5 carbed v8 to put in the proper bobtail but 1/2 way through stripping it it looks quite tidy odd hole in the sills but apart frm that looks solid, well that was last weekend soo yday it was out witht the good old grinder!now with the back right on and being a later 1 its cut  right off to the spring seats. well any way, the roof has a skanky fiberglass cover on it and it also has a skanky sunroof/hole, neway has anyone got any ideas how to hold the back of the roof on once i scraped enuff of it 2gether 2 make a cab, remembering its a 4door? and if tyouve done it with a 4door then cud i have some pics, cheers
j.p :twisted:
rangie1, nissan 3.5tdi 4door vogue
rangie2, perkins 6cylinder 5.5litre disel 2door
rangie3, 3.5 v8 4door bobtail
rangie4, 2door engineless, probs b a special!

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Bobtail pickup
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 21:45:24 »
I've seen a 4-door done as a pickup.  Keep the 'B' pillar behind the doors, move the rear pillar right up to the back of that and weld it back in, fill the triangular gap with a plate and seal with mastic.  Cut the roof about 2 inches from the back and make an overlapping joint, you can get the filler right on the curved edge to make it easier.  If you really want to be flash you can keep the rear doors for lockers or a spare wheel area.  With a bit of effort you can also have the tailgate glass still opening!
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline Eeyore

Attack Member
Bobtail pickup
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 08:14:16 »
Those nice chaps at Devon 4x4 have a bobbed, Rangie PU 4 dr. They've lopped the rear door toops off to make access into the rear tub and ended the cab at the b-post.

There may be piccies on their website, but it might not be exactly what you're after.

HTH
cheers
 8)
Eeyore
Flower: '95 Defender 110 Hard Top. Donkey Power :D

famousdave

Bobtail pickup
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 17:14:34 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal