AuthorTopic: navara  (Read 1494 times)

Offline curly

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
navara
« on: December 30, 2008, 09:45:20 »
Hi I`m new to the forum, And i`d like some advice.
I have had discoverys and defender 90`s for 8 years and i enjoy servicing them tinkering e.t.c. I sold my last defender 6 months ago and antill two weeks ago was getting another disco 2 . :-k
But i am swaying to getting a nissan navara d40 new shape :D if i can . Could i have any tips on what to look for when i view some I have about £8000 to spend Hopefully no V.A.T.  Are they Easy to service , what problems do they have are parts very expensive.
Thanks very much.
curly

Offline curly

Attack Member
Re: navara
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 18:05:05 »
Not as friendly as the L.R.O forum is it. :x

Offline bensonsnuts

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 23:36:02 »
I think the Mud club is friendly enough mate , just not much going on in the nissan section . I recently bought a Patrol so I've been keeping an eye on it .
 I've owned allsorts but can't help you with your query . I suggest you have a root around for UKNissan4x4 or the Nissan and Ford Maverick owners club , theres a lot more Nissan action on there and I'm sure I noticed someone setting up a Nav forum mentioned on them ?
 Incidentally I was steered towards the Patrol by advice from a couple of mechanics who reckoned Nissan was reliable and good to work on
Geoff
Nissan Patrol 2003

Offline sbrown

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 20:10:18 »
I've got an 06 Navara D40 Outlaw. Great car. It serves my needs and gets used to it's potential. In terms of tinkering I'm not the best person, especially as mine's still under warranty. It is all very ECU integrated with lots of plastic coverings to everything though. All I've done is towbar, A/T's, sound system really. The best place for info is nissan-navar.net but unfortunately it's all down at the moment as apparantly it got accidentally deleted. Should hopefully be back soon though.

Things to check when buying mainly would be the 4x4 including low ratio, most people won't use it and there has been a problem with one of the switch sensors on some batches I believe.

Hope that helps. If there's anything else that I can help with I'll try my best.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal