AuthorTopic: Anyone live near Little Staughton in Bedfordshire?  (Read 279 times)

Offline Tom Mc

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Anyone live near Little Staughton in Bedfordshire?
« on: December 23, 2008, 22:13:29 »
URGENT: Need some help if you live near Little Staughton in Beds.

I have been trying to contact a mate (who lives in Little Staughton) to give him details of the Landy Rally Club Christmas bash this coming weekend, only (a) His mobile is constantly switched off (b) His home phone does not receive incoming calls (c) He is not into the internet hence does not log on the Landy Rally Club forum (d) Living in Bournemouth I can't exactly nip up the road to deliver by hand details of what and where we will be playing.

Basically I need somebody who lives nearby to print off the following details and hand deliver the information to his address preferably tomorrow. If this is possible, please ring me on 01202 241284 or 07958 216266 and I can give you his address. Thanks!

Information to print off & deliver:-

Much like Landy Rally itself, the Landy Rally Club "Christmas Weekend" will contain several choices. The full monty will feature - off-roading Saturday at an off-road course, then on to a hotel for an overnight stay, the Christmas meal Saturday night, and finally Greenlaning on Sunday to blow the cobwebs away. Either join us for the lot or simply the meal Saturday night … up to you entirely.

THESE DATES ARE NOW SET IN STONE.

Sat 27th Dec 2008:
Off-roading at Sibbertoft 4x4 Centre, Husbands Bosworth, Leicestershire until about 4pm (or when it gets dark), then a short 12 mile road run to the Travelodge in Nuneaton, wash-up & brush-up, change for din dins, 12 minute walk to the Beefeater Restaurant, stagger back to the Travelodge. Pub/cinema/etc. for those who want to continue partying.

BOOK YOUR OWN ROOM – from only £19 per night if booked online! Obviously book ASAP to secure a room.

Sun 28th Dec 2008:
I’m in the process of arranging some Greenlaning for the Sunday. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING US AS NUMBERS WILL BE LIMITED.

OFF-ROADING:
Sibbertoft 4x4 Centre
Welford Road
Market Harborough
Leicestershire
LE16 9UJ
http://www.o-g-x.co.uk

Sibbertoft 4x4 is located near Husbands Bosworth, 6 miles east of Junct. 20 of the M1 between Lutterworth and Market Harborough. If you have Sat Nav the venue’s postcode is LE16 9UJ, if you don’t then simply follow the A4304 east towards Husbands Bosworth & head to the Gliding School off the A50. The sign at the entrance will say “Avalanche Adventure”.

Food on site – bacon/egg/sausage sarnies, decent burgers, etc. 10.00 – 16.00ish.

Cost is £15 per vehicle. Degree of difficultly from very easy through to downright impossible. We have exclusive use of the site!

ACCOMODATION:
Travelodge Nuneaton Bedworth Hotel
A444 Southbound
Bedworth
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
CV10 7TF
0871 984 6062
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/hotel_overview.php?hotel_id=108

Book online for a Twin Room @ only £19 (that's a single bed plus bedding for a pull out sofa bed - you'll have to argue who gets the proper bed) to £51 for a Family Room (basically a double bed). Me I've booked a £19 jobbie and taking a king-size air bed and duvet, that'll do the trick! 

Check in from 3pm Sat, check out by noon Sun.

Most credit card payments will incur an additional charge of £1.50
Most debit cards appear to be free

EVENING MEAL:
Beefeater Restaurant
Griff House
Coventry Road
Nuneaton
CV10 7PJ
02476 343584
http://www.beefeater.co.uk/ourRestaurants/locator/details/?id=15&q=CV10+7TF
Extensive menu, basically something for everyone including Christmas fare. Order and pay on the day.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space".

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal