AuthorTopic: blood boiling  (Read 896 times)

Offline 4 landies

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
blood boiling
« on: December 05, 2008, 16:24:30 »
 Just read on a news site that oil has hit an all time low for the last 4 years.

In July a barrel of crude was $147 and now it is $41.

going off these figures deisel should now be available at the pumps for a little under 40 pence a litre.

So who do we blame the oil companies or the government or both and how do we start a nationwide protest at being ripped off. ( they think reducing VAT by 2.5% will keep us happy)

The VAT reduction will save me an average of a maximum £10 a week.

Reducing fuel in line with oil prices would save me £30 a week.

RANT OVER

2008 khartoum
2001 td5 disco
1997 300tdi disco
1981 series 3 lightweight

Offline boss

Attack Member
  • "steerings a little loose!"
Re: blood boiling
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 16:39:01 »
ybut the fuel in the lines was made with the oil that cost £140 it SHOULD go down soon. really wouldnt surprise me if it diddnt becasue we all know how many money grabbing parasites there are out there :roll:

"the young disco chopping maniac" -disco_stu!
www.artoffroad.com

bossFAB - stickers avalable

Offline 4 landies

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 16:46:06 »
 Good point but when oil goes up the fuel follows instantly when produced with cheaper oil, They must think we are all stupid
2008 khartoum
2001 td5 disco
1997 300tdi disco
1981 series 3 lightweight

Offline diggerdog36

Attack Member
  • I fixed my CD auto changer!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 18:00:03 »
becasue we all know how many money grabbing parasites there are out there :roll:

Oh do we not, our local shops prices are the same as they were a few weeks ago, so I asked the manger how she was still charging 17.5% VAT, she said they werent, they were charging 15%, but with the price redction in VAT, they put the NET price up to conpensate so they didnt have to change all the labels!!!!
2000 W Discovery Td5 ES

2" lift, Superwinch Epi9.5,  Mantec Snorkel, General Grabber AT2

Avoid employing unlucky people......simply bin half the applications!!!

Offline dreadnought110

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 18:52:38 »
Don't quote me but didn't the lovely goverment increase the fuel duty to compensate for the vat reduction i know that not much of the press said this but some did... I think. :)
Don't waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long, and in the end, it's only with yourself. !!!

Offline J B

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 19:10:23 »
Don't quote me but didn't the lovely goverment increase the fuel duty to compensate for the vat reduction i know that not much of the press said this but some did... I think. :)

yes they did  :evil:
300tdi disco

Offline Devon-Rover

Attack Member
    • Tavistock
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 20:14:24 »
and AFAIK retail premises doesn't actually Have to reduce their prices due to the change in VAT. And yes fuel duty went up as VAT came down, so all the Fuel stations in the country didn't change their prices... but.. Now those who claim their vat back on fuel for business use will now be claiming less and so the Government is now pocketing the Difference.
Rowan.

"Jemima" 2.25 Petrol SWB, ACR rear Silencer, 235/85 Macho's, MAP Capstan & HD Bumper, Tweeked suspension, CB, Light Bar.
"Baker" 2.6 Petrol LWB (former Tow Truck)
"Lizi" 4.2 V8i Discovery, Gone but not forgotten.
"Kate" 1985 Ninety 4.2 V8 Auto, Stainless exhaust, Ashcroft Tunnel, Mud console, Polmar Venus CB, HD Steering bars, Terrafirma Steering damper, D44 Winch Bumper, Superwinch EP9.5, Superwinch Wireless controls, QT Diff Guards. 'More toys to come'

Vorsprung Duch Ducktape. My website Searle Safari Info source.

Offline JumboBeef

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 20:39:46 »
I agree with you on everything, but:

going off these figures deisel should now be available at the pumps for a little under 40 pence a litre.

...duty on diesel is (at least) 57ppl, so even if diesel was free, you'd still have to pay the government 57p!
1991 Range Rover Vogue SE V8 auto on LPG, time warp!

Offline crazymac

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 20:51:48 »
Part of the reason is that although the price of oil has dropped, so has the dollar, and as all oil transactions are done in dollars this impacts on the prices at the pump! Not fair I know but reality I'm afraid :roll:

Having said that, due to the dropped price the price at the pump should be a lot cheaper especialy diesel!! Its on average 15p a litre more expensive than petrol which is taking the Pee!! Diesel is effectively a by product of petrol distillation! (they used to throw it away!!)

The other thing within that VAT reduction that you reckon will save you £10 a week, have you taken into account the INCREASE in National insurance, fuel duty, alchohol duty?? The National insurance alone will cost the average wage an extra £100 a year!!
I HAVE THE BODY OF A GOD

shame its Budda!!

Offline Manicminer

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 21:26:48 »
One thing that most of you don't realise is that Gordon Brown sneaked in an 'Environment Tax on Fossil Fuel' (Nov last year if I remember correctly).
The fuel companies pay this, but add it on to what you pay. So you pay the fuel price + enviromenet tax + fuel duty + VAT.
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal