AuthorTopic: 127/130s offroad  (Read 961 times)

Offline william127

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
127/130s offroad
« on: December 01, 2008, 19:27:44 »
just wondering if anyone else on hear regularly uses their 127 offroad, as i seem to be using lowrange/difflock evry other day for work at the moment? :D altough a tonne and a quater of logs makes ditch crossing a bit more difficult :)
1990 defender 127 flatbed 200tdi mud tyres stripdown started 14/03, now striped, ned to start the expensive bit
1992 rrc vogue se izuzu 2.8td running well so it got sold,
2003 110 td5 hardtop,ex mod, arived 25/04, bfg a/ts, ply lined, k and n filter, honda sport seats, rear demountable 2000lb winch, security grills,high lift with winching kit, mountney small steering wheel, momo gear knob, front spots, airhorns, hd steering, diff guard, ex army  center towpin bumper replaced with winch bumper, rear mounted bottle opener, cheaquer plate, neon underbody light, ex police map light,1000 watt inverter, reversing camera
2007 ford ranger wildtrack d/cab(dads)
yamaha big bear 350 2wd, likes to eat flies, fixed (until i roll it again)

Offline Lumbering Jack

Attack Member
Re: 127/130s offroad
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 23:01:34 »
Hi,  I used to use mine for work when I was contracting and firewooding - they're awesome - just remember theyr just a stretched 110!

I put 2" HD springs to help with approach and departure angles and make sure you have decent tyres.  I used to work on my own and getting stuck wasn't an option.

Used to use it regularly for laning, RTV trials and pay and play - it's great seeing peoples faces when it seemingly goes where it shouldn't physically be able to!  Sometimes the extra length was a benefit - it took quite a lot to get it cross axled.

Off road, a tonne and a quarter isn't a lot for them - Most I'd carried was that back box brimmed with green elm logs (just short of 6 cubic metres) and it played with it - wouldn't have liked to driven down the road even if it was legal though!

You'll use low lots - they are too high geared for the size of them - there's no shame in using low box (or diff lock)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 23:14:38 by Lumbering Jack »
R reg 3.9 Discovery on LPG - pretty standard at mo.

Offline J.D.

Attack Member
  • ...Pure as Belfast snow...
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 11:53:15 »
Hi,  I used to use mine for work when I was contracting and firewooding - they're awesome - just remember theyr just a stretched 110!

I put 2" HD springs to help with approach and departure angles and make sure you have decent tyres.  I used to work on my own and getting stuck wasn't an option.

Used to use it regularly for laning, RTV trials and pay and play - it's great seeing peoples faces when it seemingly goes where it shouldn't physically be able to!  Sometimes the extra length was a benefit - it took quite a lot to get it cross axled.

Off road, a tonne and a quarter isn't a lot for them - Most I'd carried was that back box brimmed with green elm logs (just short of 6 cubic metres) and it played with it - wouldn't have liked to driven down the road even if it was legal though!

You'll use low lots - they are too high geared for the size of them - there's no shame in using low box (or diff lock)

Im sure your 130 was parked in the Car park of my college this morning, reg number looks the same, as does the winch on the front.
J.D.
- - - -
'ASBO' - Blue Land Rover Recovery Discovery 200TDiS - LR GRAVEYARD OCCUPANT (RIP).
'Green Giant' - Scammel Crusader - WEEKEND WORK!
'Helga' - 2.0T Volvo V40 - BORING!
'Pheonix' - 1995 3.9 V8 Discovery soon to be converted to TDi. - FINISHED!

www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk
www.berkshire4x4response.co.uk

Offline Lumbering Jack

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 12:30:37 »
Can't have been mine - mine's still in the garden looking like this lol  :shock:

They electric board must have got rid of a batch all at the same time coz I've seen a few with very close number plates, a friend of mine ended up with P807 - only two different!
R reg 3.9 Discovery on LPG - pretty standard at mo.

Offline J.D.

Attack Member
  • ...Pure as Belfast snow...
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 15:39:41 »
Its very similar, can't remember the plate but it has since driven off. Plate ended in the same three letters though.
J.D.
- - - -
'ASBO' - Blue Land Rover Recovery Discovery 200TDiS - LR GRAVEYARD OCCUPANT (RIP).
'Green Giant' - Scammel Crusader - WEEKEND WORK!
'Helga' - 2.0T Volvo V40 - BORING!
'Pheonix' - 1995 3.9 V8 Discovery soon to be converted to TDi. - FINISHED!

www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk
www.berkshire4x4response.co.uk

Offline william127

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 19:26:18 »
it is good, ive fitted insa mud tyres and its got a nice big warn winch, heavy duty steering and a front diff guard, got it stuck in a ditch with the big load of logs on(my own fault as i forgot to raise the tow bar) and the winch pulled it straigth out with a double line :D
it crosses ditchs easier than 90s aswell. took it to scotland in the summer with a 110 and 2 90s, had to use it and the 110 to tow a kia 4x4 that had got itself stuck against a fence in a muddy field :lol:
1990 defender 127 flatbed 200tdi mud tyres stripdown started 14/03, now striped, ned to start the expensive bit
1992 rrc vogue se izuzu 2.8td running well so it got sold,
2003 110 td5 hardtop,ex mod, arived 25/04, bfg a/ts, ply lined, k and n filter, honda sport seats, rear demountable 2000lb winch, security grills,high lift with winching kit, mountney small steering wheel, momo gear knob, front spots, airhorns, hd steering, diff guard, ex army  center towpin bumper replaced with winch bumper, rear mounted bottle opener, cheaquer plate, neon underbody light, ex police map light,1000 watt inverter, reversing camera
2007 ford ranger wildtrack d/cab(dads)
yamaha big bear 350 2wd, likes to eat flies, fixed (until i roll it again)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal