AuthorTopic: new battery  (Read 280 times)

Offline whits

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • 80 series cruiser with a few extras bolted on
    • leeds
  • Referrals: 0
new battery
« on: November 30, 2008, 21:09:14 »
I'm after a bit of advice i have a 300 tdi discovery, i have 2 batteries on a standard one in the normal position and a very large one where the jack should go to power my winch, both linked together, my starter battery was very slow this morning after a very cold night, so it needs replacing so my question is should i buy a optima or similar or just a nother standard heavy duty to run the starter and leave the other where it is or swap them round and have the optima for the winch, the winch don't get used much, i don't often need it.
cheers mark
300tdi disco, bfg muds, 2"lift, husky, few other extra's bolted on

Offline muddyjames

Attack Member
Re: new battery
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 21:39:48 »
I fitted a td5 battery into my disco where the battery should live. Very very tight fit but it does go in just. Starts the disco much better.
Rover 620i 223,000 miles on the clock :)
1995 300tdi auto ES Disco. Big Green Giant

Most expensive item for a Disco is????? a round piece of paper stuck on the windscreen!

Offline Mud_Medic

Attack Member
Re: new battery
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 22:16:10 »
I fitted a 644 battery to my disco. It just fits.

It is a commercial battery, and about 2/3 of the price of the standard battery. Offers better performance too!

The Optima batteries may be better, but are they worth more than double the price? Will they last longer than double the length of time of a standard battery? I don't know but I suspect the answer is No & NO.

Ed
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal