AuthorTopic: kingpin jimny help  (Read 846 times)

Offline jamesey

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • land rover recovery service.
  • Referrals: 0
kingpin jimny help
« on: November 24, 2008, 17:22:25 »
hi ive got oil coming out of my passenger side front hub , im going to do my own kingpin bearings , but i need a few answers , ive got the model numbers of the bearings and the inner seal off the how to but , but do i need 2 bearings , top and bottom , also the bit i chisel out from the top where would i get one of those from and does that have a part no for it , also would i need a new seal that goes on the big ball thing at tha back as mine is leaking thick black grease out??? a full parts list for the job would be great then i can just print it out and ask the main bearing guys in sheffield and get them ordered , thanks

Offline jamesey

Attack Member
Re: kingpin jimny help
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 10:34:14 »
cheers guys :(

Offline parsons104

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 00:08:12 »
hiya, did the kingpins in mine a few months ago, takes about 20 minutes a side tops.
It is a bearing, the part you knock out is the outer, so you'll get that when you buy the bearings, i picked it up from a company in bristol, cost me about £60 for the 4 bearings. I didnt replace the rubber seals, just gave them a good clean and put them back in carefully, but i guess if yours are in a state then worth replacing them. I've got very flexible brake hoses so I just hung the callipers from the bumper while I was doing it rather than removing callipers totally and bleeding brakes after.

Any other q's let me know, drop me a PM as I dont check this much.

Cheers

Henry

Offline jamesey

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 17:20:08 »
done the n/s king pin bearing and its took the wobbling off about 90% so i guess ill have to do the drivers side. :x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal