AuthorTopic: If my Disco was wired for elec seats, where would the connection for the ECU be?  (Read 419 times)

Offline auf_wiedersehen_pet

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
If my 95 Disco was wired for elec seats, where would the connection for the ECU be?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 20:13:20 by auf_wiedersehen_pet »
Rob Steele

1995 Land Rover Discovery 300 TDi - Everyday Car (Ex Jap)
2007 Toyota Avensis 2.2 T-180 - Sensible Car (Ex TSB Bank)

Offline BigA

Attack Member
I have a set of electric seats from a later disco to fit in my 1995 300TDI. I was fortunate enough to remove these from the newer disco, and all the looms seemed to originate from the center console, with 4 relays located under the passenger seat.

I have yet to find any spare connectors in my Disco for either the seat wiring, or the switch wiring in the console. i have had the carpets up, and looked as best i can in the console, without yet taking it out.

Hope this helps  :?

1978 Series III 88"

Offline auf_wiedersehen_pet

Attack Member
Does that mean they aren't "plug & play"?

Did you wire them by adding a 12v supply to switches? Or did it take more?
Rob Steele

1995 Land Rover Discovery 300 TDi - Everyday Car (Ex Jap)
2007 Toyota Avensis 2.2 T-180 - Sensible Car (Ex TSB Bank)

Offline BigA

Attack Member
Does that mean they aren't "plug & play"?

Did you wire them by adding a 12v supply to switches? Or did it take more?

well the short answer is, they are still sitting in the garage. This is due to the fact that i need to make adapter plates up for them to fit the existing seat mounts. I have connected the wiring to a 12v battery and all works through the switches, so my plan is to connect an existing supply or run a new supply. Not sure yet if i am going to use the relays, as they will just be another item i need to find somewhere to put?

I got the seats as my drivers seat base went. the cloth bit that supports it at\ the bottom has had it. I managed to bodge a repair with some straps, that has held now for 4 months, so i must admit, i am not sure if its worth the hastle fitting the leather ones? Back one went straight in and is nice though lol
1978 Series III 88"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal