Vehicle & Technical > Defender

Climair Wind Deflectors

(1/2) > >>

turtle:
Just purchased a pair of the above wind deflectors, and in trying to fit them I'm having great difficulty. These apparently just slip into the existing window trim! But which bit nearest to the glass? Or the outer trim? I have tried both and still can't get them to fit.  :cry:

Any ideas? Has anyone else got these fitted to there defender?

toger:
Does them wind deflectors stretch the back of one's trousers?

ChrisW:
Bit of a silly question but you are fitting them with the window down aren't you?!
They should just sit in the window channel (might take a bit of pushing/bending to get them in) then you wind the window up and down a few times to bed them in so to speak. Once in they should keep themselves in place.
They should be sandwiched in the channel between the glass and the outer edge.

I've had the passenger one drop out a couple of times - a few spots of silicone sealant in a couple of strategic places and its been fine since.

davidlandy:
Phil,

you didnt buy these to help with your smoking habit did you?   all that buffeting must have played havoc with ash going everywhere!!

Dave

turtle:
Chris, Cheers for the advise - Yes mate I did have the window down, The sheet of paper that’s called the instructions are not very clear, they show a standard car so I wasn’t sure if they had to go next to the glass or the outer channel. Will give it another go.

Dave - What smoking habit   :twisted:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version