AuthorTopic: Engine management light 2.4 frontera  (Read 1606 times)

Offline mudcop

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Engine management light 2.4 frontera
« on: November 10, 2008, 19:07:42 »
Anybody help,
Management light comes on , stays on for a few minutes and goes off, do a few more miles and the same thing, doesn't come on when on idle and doesnt effect power or performance. light keeps coming on at random times. Frontera 2.4i 1993 model. Looking for snorkel for same car, anybody know where to obtain one, many thanks

Drift

Re: Engine management light 2.4 frontera
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 19:49:46 »
You cant really get after market snorkels for the Frontera, well not without paying silly money importing from Australia, most guys make home made snorkels, Im sure some one will be along who has made one, as Ive just altered the air intake to under the bonnet, which is ok for a dies as it doesnt need cold air having an intercooler.

The engine light could be a number of things, try looking for loose pipe and check the fuel pump relay and changing filters.

Offline mudcop

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 10:33:24 »
Many thanks will give that a try, thanks for your help

Drift

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 12:25:00 »
No problem glad to try and help.

One other thing if the ecu light stays on then follow the instructions on this site and read the code, it will only cost the price of a paper clip, that should lead you straight to the problem.

http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes.htm

Offline SSteve

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 10:32:18 »
Following Drifts Advice and to confirm a bit!

You can get Snorkels in the UK to fit the Fronty but with some mods made to the fittings a Friend of mine has adapted a Mitsubushi Snorkel (ss100hf)
and it works quite well .. try asking www.devon4x4.com

I had a 2.4i LWB , The Engine Management Light did exactly the same, as Drift rightly states, Check the fuel Pump relay and You might want to check the wiring loom for any corrosion! (That killed mine!)

Vx Frontera - A Frequently Underestimated 4x4

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal