AuthorTopic: Disco II pass. airbag disarm  (Read 443 times)

Offline Angus06

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Disco II pass. airbag disarm
« on: November 08, 2008, 16:53:04 »
Hi.
As we have quite crazy tax rules here in Denmark my '99 Disco II has no rear seats so  it can be taxed as a van. However I would like to be able to bring along my son (2 years) when I drive the Disco -but since the vehicle is equipt with driver and passenger airbag it is not perfectly safe to let this small fella sit in his child seat in the passenger side. So -does anybody know if there is a way to disarm the passenger airbag preferble so it easly can be switched on and off.

I know I can just trigger the airbag anf cut the deflated bag off but I would like it done a bit more civilized.

Casper

Offline Cyberprog

Attack Member
Re: Disco II pass. airbag disarm
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 17:41:25 »
You could remove the airbag, and put in the standard "cubby/grab rail" bit that's fitted to the td5 without the passenger airbag. I guess you'd need to update the ecu on a testbook to disable it.
Alex Threlfall - Cyberprog New Media
99 T Disco 5Dr Automatic - TD5 Alived! with Larger Intercooler, Samco XDB Hoses, Turbo Boost Box, Stage 2 Remap, Ceramic Exhaust Manifold and Stainless Exhaust
TP4x4 Front & Devon 4x4 Rear HD Bumpers, QT Diff Guards, TP4x4 Steering Guard, Tank Guard, NAS Hitch, Security Screens
Some people have it coming. I'm just a delivery mechanism.

Offline Les Henson

Attack Member
  • Is it supposed to do that?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 08:59:23 »
Bear in mind that the pyrotechnic pretensioners will still activate in an impact. While some child seats have their own restraints and the seat belt just holds the seat in place - not all do. If the seat belt is used to restrain a child still, then how it crosses the body is an important consideration.

Les.

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 16:42:35 »
Test book should allow you to dissable the airbag system without any spannering.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal