AuthorTopic: 'L S-P' & 'Boggert' Would Never Do This............  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Bush Tucker Man

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
'L S-P' & 'Boggert' Would Never Do This............
« on: October 28, 2008, 21:10:11 »
Would they??

ASP Throwing for 'newbies'
Richard A Thackeray 
Defender 110Td5 'Heritage Gone, but not forgotten
Jaguar XKR; X88 JLT, also 'gone, but not forgotten'

Yorkshire Born & Bred, and proud of it.

"You Can Allus Tell A Yorkshireman, But You Can't tell Him Owt!"

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
Re: 'L S-P' & 'Boggert' Would Never Do This............
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 21:43:39 »
That's mint, Have heard it done but never been involved... honest! :^o

I remember once out on patrol with a probationer, she was young, fit and keen. We came around a corner to see two suspects I knew well pushing 2 bikes with 2 white bags containing railway cuplings they had just nicked for scrap. As they saw us the dropped the bikes and bags and jumped through the hedge. My colleague was out the van like lightening and running down the road and ran right past them. I could see both suspects hidden under a tree so I got them to come out which they did with a cheerful "hello Mate" while my colleague was still running so I waited to see how long she would realise I had them. It was a good 20 seconds. By that time we were in stitches! I have never seen 2 suspects laughing while being cuffed for theft!

If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline EbonynIvory

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 22:28:01 »
Hmmmmm - what else have I got to look forward to?  8-[  8-[

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
  • "Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 10:33:53 »
Unfortunately such jolly japes are no longer allowed, as it could be seen as a form of bullying and demeaning. If someone is caught doing such a thing, it would involve an intensive session of bean bag sitting, weeping and discussion of how the person feels about it.

However................

I have to say I have never thrown my asp, as much as I would like to, as I think they are a useless piece of crap.
When me previous force were issued the PR24 side handled baton, competitions would take place, unofficially of course, to see how quickly they could be drawn from the holster and put into the ready position. Not particularly amusing, but it was fairly easy to work out who wasn't holding the 'trumble knob' (I kid yee not!) tight enough, as it went sailing across the room.
This progressed to a 'quick draw' test to see who could draw the baton and knock an object out of the air. This involved throwing any object to hand, (an old tin can, plastic milk bottle, inspector) into the air and hitting it.
This went all very well, until a permenant marker pen was thrown, and then hit, spraying indelible ink over everyone and every thing in the room.
Apparently the excuse ran something along the lines of "Well Sarge, the pen must have left near the radiator, and got hot and expanded, and well, sort of blew up, if you know what I mean, sort of"

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 14:13:00 »

Are you taking the Pledge? Mwaahhh haaaa haaaaa! Be prepared to see 'humanity' at it's most bizarre! :roll:

Offline EbonynIvory

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 20:35:41 »

Are you taking the Pledge? Mwaahhh haaaa haaaaa! Be prepared to see 'humanity' at it's most bizarre! :roll:

Nope - becoming one of those Plastic Policeman that every one seams to hate!!   :D  :dance:  :police: But hell, its a job and I have either been self employed or unemployed since July 2007 - so I am greatfull as jobs are getting sparse out there. Picked up the uniform today........hmmmmm.............! Start Monday and I have twisted my ankle so badly that I can't actually walk at the moment.  :x

Offline Mark Y

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 23:57:17 »
Good luck for Monday
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
I can see clearly now, the brain has gone

Discovery 3
Defender 90
Series2a

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 09:58:47 »

Nope - becoming one of those Plastic Policeman that every one seams to hate!!   :D  :dance:  :police: But hell, its a job and I have either been self employed or unemployed since July 2007 - so I am greatfull as jobs are getting sparse out there. Picked up the uniform today........hmmmmm.............! Start Monday and I have twisted my ankle so badly that I can't actually walk at the moment.  :x

Think of the PCSO job as a step towards the role of PC. A lot of forces are now using it is a stepping stone up. Go for it. As you say, it is a job. Good luck with it.

Offline EbonynIvory

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 21:56:33 »

Think of the PCSO job as a step towards the role of PC. A lot of forces are now using it is a stepping stone up. Go for it. As you say, it is a job. Good luck with it.

Thank you LSP. Disaster may have struck. Spent last night in A&E, given some crutches and told to rest it as I have damaged tendons and the like. Occupational Health are saying that if I can't walk with out crutches by Monday - I will have to deffer my entry for 6 months. I'll be walking tomorrow then! If I can move on Saturday, then I can sit in a room training for 8 hours on Monday! Already driven a short distance - surprised at how little pain it caused!

Going to start a new thread: Guess how I did it?!

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 22:06:06 »

Nothing wrong with that, you are one of the gang now.... :police:

Good luck, hope Monday goes well now.
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline EbonynIvory

Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 22:09:36 »

Nothing wrong with that, you are one of the gang now.... :police:

Good luck, hope Monday goes well now.

Thank you - although, not keen on the bowler. It doesn't fit correctly and has a tendency to perch on the top of my head and then pop off!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal