Vehicle & Technical > Toyota

Land Cruiser ?? MAYBE HAVE ONE 4SALE, done 108K miles.

(1/4) > >>

Range Rover Ron:
Hello all,
I've just moved over from the green oval to a TLC, I think it's a 80 series but not really sure yet.
Questions.........

I want to set it up as a greenlaner so want to get the diffs a bit higher off the ground.
What can I do to lift the vehicle?
I swapped the springs on my RRC and got a two inch lift,
I was then able to put 235/85/16's on the RRC.
This lifted the diffs to an acceptable height.

can I do this with the Toyota?
What about the castor angle or similar?
Once I've got the hieght I want to put higher profile tyres on,
I'm not too interested in going ultra wide or agressive looking,
BFG A/T's or similar would be fine if I can get the size.
I know the lads at West Coast so will call and ask them for advice also.

Once I've sorted out the wheels & suspension I'll be looking at other things.....
Shopping list will include....
A C.B.
A snorkle,
Rear wheel carrier
recovery points
H/D bumpers
You know how it is......
the list will be never ending.
Cheers for now,

Ron.

simondarby:
Yes Ron, you can get spring lifts for the 80 series. Ranging from 2" up to 7" or more.  2" will go straight on and you won't have any more castor problems than you would have with a Rangie or Disco.  Any higher and you will have to look at castor...

Milners sell lift kits I believe, or OEC in South Devon are the UK distributor for TJM (Aussie kit built to survive a nuclear winter!).

One thing is for sure, you have to go some to break an 80...  All the cruisers seem to built far more robustly than Solihull's work.

I certainly haven't looked back in the 12 months I have had my 70 series Cruiser...

Cal:
Hi Ron - you should be able to fit 33 inch tyres on without changing your suspension (unless your current springs are truly knackered) and a 2 inch sus lift will go without any probs - plenty to chose from such as OME, TJM and pro comp. My mate went for OME and it handles well - just take a bit of care to get the spring rate you want to match how much load you carry.

Paul Humphreys has done a fair bit to his cruiser already. Have a look on: http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/

Good luck!  ;)

paul_humphreys:
Yes done a bit to mine.

As for springs, a lot depends on what you going to be carrieing? I have just got rid of some +2" springs, they were ok untill I put all the stuff I carry in. I now have OME springs fitted. If I was not carrieing the weight I would have gone for OME 850 on the front and OME +200kgs on the rear ( can not remember the number sorry). Along with longet shocks. I still have the ARBs on mine, but plan to remove them at some point. I have OME 850s on the frone with a 25mm packer and 868s on the rear, the 868 ate the very heaveys for +400kgs. I have 35/12.5/16s fitted as well. I have a winch and winch bumper on the front.

Snokel is here and has been for 10 months, just need to fit it!! Rock sliders fitted and bent!! Front diff guard fitted, a weld on one from Gwyn Lewis.

The Milners lift kits are not ment to be that good. The TJM one are ok, but I have had OME on LRs and like them a lot.

Anyway  Where's the pictures of the new toy?

Paul

Range Rover Ron:
Hello guys,

Thanks for the replies.

So I could get a 2" lift without any castor problems and then I should be able to easily fit 33" tyres.

Would I get AT's at that size?
"2 lift by OME seem to be the way to go.
I'd like them fairly hard to stop any excessive rolling.

Cheers for now,

Ron.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version