AuthorTopic: SU Running issues  (Read 580 times)

Offline baz2236

• Regional Rep
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
SU Running issues
« on: October 26, 2008, 20:44:14 »
Hi all please can someone help me I have a problem with my vit engined SJ Heres whats happening.
When I drive down the road slow and low revs its fine if I drive it down the road and full throttle for a while or go up up thru the gears my float on my SU does not seem to be cuttin off so it starts to over fuel and eventually dies, when I pull over to look at the carb petrol is flowing out where the air filter bolts to.
If when it starts to go wrong I switch off my Fuel Pump rev it a couple of times then switch the pump back on it runs fine again for a little while until it starts happening again.

It has got a facet posi-flow pump 1.5 - 4 psi electric pump and a HIF44 SU with a BDL needle when it runs it runs really well has anyone had this happen or know what could be causing this as its doing my head in.

I will take a guess saying it something to do with the carb or is my fuel pump to much for a SU should i fit a FPR.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks,
      Baz

Offline sj-steward

Attack Member
Re: SU Running issues
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 21:01:00 »
hi i might be wrong but it sounds like you might need a regulator in between the pump and carb

Offline andyb

Attack Member
    • Tilshead, Wiltshire
Re: SU Running issues
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 21:49:24 »
I'll second that :)

Carb don't really need anymore than 2psi of fuel pressure of else you will 'push' the float valve open.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal