AuthorTopic: I'VE GOT IT!  (Read 2928 times)

Offline discowoman

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • my own worst enemy!!
    • Gornal West Midlands
  • Referrals: 0
I'VE GOT IT!
« on: October 17, 2008, 14:40:40 »
Well went and picked it up today - 1992 (imported 2002) 2.5 SWB! :dance: :dance: :dance:
Toys I have found so far - twin zone A/C electrically folding mirrors (useful where we live) double stereo (needs replacing tho   :'( ) lots of dials and switches on the dash - most of which i havent got a clue what they do!!!
Oh and its  manual! thought 99.99% of Pajeros were auto?
No A bar so i will be looking for one, black mirrors not chrome..drivers door lock has been forced at some time so i will look at changing the lock set.
But overal a very quiet and comfortable car to drive...gearing seems a little odd 50Mph is about 2500 rpm? is that right? - and yes it is in 2WD High  :lol:
will try and get some pictures up soon.
and i will be asking questions later  :dance:

Offline mad geordies

Attack Member
Re: I'VE GOT IT!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 16:52:41 »
cant go wrong with it, long as you service it it will be fine, nice n comftable not a bone shakle lol

Offline AndyN

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 01:32:06 »
 :'( ) lots of dials and switches on the dash - most of which i havent got a clue what they do!!!

Haha, i've been trying to suss out all the switches on mine too, have you got one on the centre console that says R/D lock? i have , dont know what it means.

Offline mad geordies

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 09:54:27 »
r/d lock is rear diff lock, when you press it the centre box in the dash lights will flash and then stay on to say your rear wheels are locked very good bit of kit when offroading,

marjan

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 19:46:57 »
r/d lock is rear diff lock, when you press it the centre box in the dash lights will flash and then stay on to say your rear wheels are locked very good bit of kit when offroading,

This only works when you already have the centre diff lock engaged (orange light in middle of all 4 green ones) and will add another orange light between the two bottom green ones. You will know if it is working as you will hear the compressor start up when you press the R/D lock switch.

Offline BK

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 16:45:35 »

This only works when you already have the centre diff lock engaged (orange light in middle of all 4 green ones) and will add another orange light between the two bottom green ones. You will know if it is working as you will hear the compressor start up when you press the R/D lock switch.

yeah Mark,but yours dont work!!!!
1998 Jeep Cherokee,3" rough country lift,31"Muds,front disconnects,and a custom snorkle..........just lovin it!!!

Offline alaric

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 18:04:30 »
R/D lock will also only engage below a certain speed (5mph?), and will disengage automatically when the speed increases.
"Act your shoe size, not your age..."

2012 Subaru Outback

marjan

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 19:38:51 »

yeah Mark,but yours dont work!!!!

Yeh I know but I"ll get it sorted before the next outing, maybe somebody might give me a hand (Hint, Hint).

Going to sort out snorkel on Friday.

Offline BK

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 10:28:24 »
no worries mate 2 pairs of hands is better than 1
1998 Jeep Cherokee,3" rough country lift,31"Muds,front disconnects,and a custom snorkle..........just lovin it!!!

Offline billy badger

Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 19:29:28 »
you could get your mate from Morley to give you a hand. I hear he has a large collection of hammers!

Offline BK

Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 12:55:34 »
ay up billy!!!or is it "John 8 rashers Ray Mears Bradley"?.............and about the hammers,Ian only has 5 hammers,thats not enough for Marks car :lol:

marjan

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 19:47:54 »
ay up billy!!!or is it "John 8 rashers Ray Mears Bradley"?.............and about the hammers,Ian only has 5 hammers,thats not enough for Marks car :lol:

Rich, we could always get Billy to whittle us a big hammer out of a dead tree - Hee, Hee !!!.

Offline BK

Attack Member
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 23:25:38 »
yeah,and a wooden trolley jack!!! dont know about an accurate set of metric spanners though!!..........OH NO hes too busy frying bacon to do any of that :lol: :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal