AuthorTopic: jimny bushes  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Lumbering Jack

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
jimny bushes
« on: October 07, 2008, 06:59:47 »
Other than going to a normal motor factors, where's the best place for bushes etc for a jimny?  Quite fancied poly bushing it but haven't been able to find anything like that advertised anywhere yet - anyone got any ideas?  :-k
R reg 3.9 Discovery on LPG - pretty standard at mo.

Offline mlines

Attack Member
Re: jimny bushes
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 09:15:56 »
I presume you mean Radius Arm bushes, the shock absorber bushes are easy to get hold of polybush equivalents. When my rear radius bushes needed changing I could not find anywhere that did replacement bushes, although since then offroad-armory and rhinorays both advertise them (and a lot cheaper than I paid for them  :doh: )

Two things to note:

1. Looking on www.jimny.se the general opinion is that you get better flex with proper Suzuki bushes. The original bushes have slots cut in them that allow a lot of movement - solid polybushes will not do this and will produce a rougher ride as well (Some people in Oz and Asia have fitted polybush style bushes)

2. They are bl**dy hard to remove. In the end I had to get them to a friendly garage with a large press. Apparantly as the gauge on the press went through 35 tonnes people started to leave the workshop to stand outside. At 38 tonnes there was a loud bang and the bush came out, not something you can do at home.

See HERE for my article on changing them

Have fun

Martin
Martin Lines
http://www.BigJimny.com

Suzuki Jimny 1.3JLX, Kap 3" Spring Lift, Kap Full External Roll Cage and Front/Rear Bumpers, RockLobster T-Box conversion, ARB Locker, Viair Air System, Recaro Seats

Offline minimog

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 19:49:34 »
sit down super pro do them but the price is a bit steep (i last asked at donninton and the reply to the sales staff was i only want the bush kit ive allready got the shock/springs and new radius arms)
and im sure darren at kap do them
WHAT UR ASKED WHEN YOU OWN A MOG
"What the f**ks that"
"where do you take it"
"Why has it got a merc star on it"

Offline Lumbering Jack

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 10:15:46 »
Thanks guys, panic over for the moment - it somehow went straight through the mot so I can chip away when I get chance  :dance:
R reg 3.9 Discovery on LPG - pretty standard at mo.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal