AuthorTopic: Someone speaks their mind!!  (Read 5614 times)

Offline discowoman

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • my own worst enemy!!
    • Gornal West Midlands
  • Referrals: 0

Offline lee celtic

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
Re: Someone speaks their mind!!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 14:22:27 »
"If I was prime minister for a day the first thing I would do would be to close the border. Then we could work out how many people we've got here.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Totally agree I have no problem with people coming in legally however I have a big problem with illegals and I think if the number of illegals was reduced a lot the amount of crime would go down too...
so many hills , so little time ....
discovery TD5
work in progress...lol

Offline thermidorthelobster

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 15:07:00 »
"If I was prime minister for a day the first thing I would do would be to close the border.

Totally agree

Yes, but you'd be annoyed if you were on holiday at the time.
David French
Tree-hugging communist
1999 Discovery II TD5 Manual
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Ex Disco 200TDI, P38a 4.6HSE and 101FC 6x6 Camper.  Africa Trip Blog

Offline sMUDge

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 15:37:43 »
"If I was prime minister for a day the first thing I would do would be to close the border. Then we could work out how many people we've got here.

Totally agree I have no problem with people coming in legally however I have a big problem with illegals and I think if the number of illegals was reduced a lot the amount of crime would go down too...

and the taxes we pay too  :doh:
Disco Ser 2 V8

Handle every situation like my dog does, if you can't eat it or hump it, wee on it and walk away......

Offline redhand

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 15:53:07 »

and the taxes we pay too  :doh:

If they're here illegally they can't claim benefits??? So most of them work. Ok so it's cash in hand but they pay VAT on everything they buy so at least we're getting something back from them, Unlike all the longterm unemployed brits,
http://www.humber-yorks4x4response.org.uk/
www.landyzone.co.uk
www.landrovernet.com
www.mig-welding.co.uk

1987 TD90 Hard Top

I haven't got a clue where I'm going. But God Help Them when I get there..

Offline sMUDge

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 16:07:33 »
I disagree mate, if they are illegal they drive round in cars which are not insured etc & if they need A&E treatment, they get it & of course they are taking jobs away from other folks who have fallen into the benefit traps. 

Let's not talk about the crime aspects   :lipsrsealed:
Disco Ser 2 V8

Handle every situation like my dog does, if you can't eat it or hump it, wee on it and walk away......

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 16:17:30 »
So my wife has to go back to Czech Republic them????

I'll tell you what, she works harder than the work shy, thieving smack head scrots that I deal with daily. I say send them somewhere and bring in the hard working Europeans to do the jobs they won't!
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline Disco Matt

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 16:34:38 »
Noel Edmonds seems to be in a combative mood of late - anyone else see his comments on TV Licensing? Have to say I agree that they shouldn't be allowed to intimidate and bully innocent people, as they frequently do to people who don't own a TV.
1996 Discovery 300TDI. She's got it where it counts...

Offline lee celtic

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 16:37:45 »
Like I said I don't mind anyone comming here if they do it properly .

It's the illegals that we need to sort out .

yes some do work cash in hand and thats illegal and they drive scrap without insurance and I have seen them working at cheshire oaks on a saturday if you call shop lifting in teams working .

I have a few polish friends at work who as you say boggert are very hard working and one philapino friend (whos married to my local pub landlords son) who also works with me doing all the IT work . All of these great people came here legal and have jumped through hoops to stay here  :clap:.

Again it's the illegals I have a problem with , A friend of my wifes runs a small trucking company with her husband , He got stopped at the chanel tunnel and they found 7 people hiding in the trailer this has meant a £14,000 fine , to pay it they had to sell a truck and sack a driver and the people in the back will get a house and dole :roll: :roll:. or get put in a centre then do a runner and never be seen again (except maybe on crime watch) not being able to work within the radar means they will do illegal stuff to survive.fact. and this illegal stuff no matter how petty is no good for the country.
discovery TD5
work in progress...lol

Offline crazymac

Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 16:42:28 »
This could spark quite a debate!

I have no problem with immigrants in this country, as the article says, they do many of the low paid menial jobs that the work shy lazy slobs that want to live on benefit for their entire life consider below them!!!!

Seriously, there are many immigrants that have come here, got themselves jobs, contribute to society etc. would many of you that say get them all out really want all the chinese, indian, italian, greek, turkish restaurants and take aways closed?? Yeh, thought not!

I do have a problem however with the many that come here, sign on for benefits like housing, child allowance etc with no intention of doing a legal days work while here, but will happily take on cash work! Remember that if they come from a European union member thay are allowed to travel into the UK without Visa and sign on! You are only illegal if you are from OUTSIDE the European union and come in without immigration knowing!

Back in the 70's there was a folk artist called Eric Bogle that wrote a song "I hate wogs" It was aimed at the UK population to try and show them how stupid they were being with their anti immigrant drivel, but he had to stop singing it because people couln't see the irony in it. He has since re written it for the Australian market as thats were he lives these days, and I'll quote a bit for you, see if you can see the irony???

And the local chip shop down the street is run by a bloody Greek
He's open sixteen hours a day and seven days a week
And every cent that you spend there on a pie or on dumsim
Helps to send back home to Greece for a <edit> just like him!
Oh, I never eat there meself 'cause I couldn't touch Wog meat
I usually eat at the Chinese caf' that's just across the street!

I was queueing down at the Registry, a-pickin' up me dole
In front of me was a Yugoslav, in front of him a Pole
Behind me was a Eyetalian, behind him was a Turk
Those lazy migrant <edit> do, they never bloody work!
But in spite of what the papers say, there's work for those who want to
The wife and twenty-seven kids is all the work I'm going to!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 21:05:35 by Paul »
I HAVE THE BODY OF A GOD

shame its Budda!!

Offline sMUDge

Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 17:22:55 »

If she's an illegal immigrant  YES, but I doubt she is  :huh:

Some of the East Europeans are grafters, I'll give you that (I have a Polish couple renting my house @ the moment & they've been brilliant).  But what is the ratio of people entering the UK, to that of those leaving  :huh:   I will also wager that most of the people who leave the UK, leave because it isn't the same country is was 5-10 years ago.

The UK is full and our purse is empty, so what now  =;  8-[
Disco Ser 2 V8

Offline sMUDge

Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 17:24:04 »
I'm sure people have seen this before:

(Moderator Edit: Image removed, Please remember this is a family forum)

How true  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 21:06:52 by Paul »
Disco Ser 2 V8

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 17:34:34 »

Some of the East Europeans are grafters, I'll give you that (I have a Polish couple renting my house @ the moment & they've been brilliant).  But what is the ratio of people entering the UK, to that of those leaving  :huh:   I will also wager that most of the people who leave the UK, leave because it isn't the same country is was 5-10 years ago.

Well that comment says it all... you obiously an expert on immigration and Europe :roll: :roll:

I wonder what would happen if the rest of Europe, Austraila and NZ sent all of their brits home... or is it because we are British we are better than every one else and get special treatment.

If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

Offline lee celtic

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 17:38:00 »
Most of the polish people at work are looking into moving to Denmark because the money is better..
discovery TD5
work in progress...lol

Offline sMUDge

Attack Member
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 17:43:19 »

Well that comment says it all... you obiously an expert on immigration and Europe :roll: :roll:

I wonder what would happen if the rest of Europe, Austraila and NZ sent all of their brits home... or is it because we are British we are better than every one else and get special treatment.

Not an expert, but very good at quoting FACTS.  I slso have worked in Europe (East & West) for the last 20 years, so I've gauged peoples thoughts in many countries.  The common opinion is that the UK is "easy" whether illegal or not! 

Oh', and Australia sent a Warship out to the last boat of immigrants that turned up & threatened to blow it out of the water!  I can't see that sort of "ethos" on the Chunnel, can you  :huh:
Disco Ser 2 V8

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 17:50:13 »
So if you are so well informed why were you so unsure of my wife's status in the UK???

You should know that Czech is part of the European union and she has as much right to be here as the British student who goes to work in Spain or France...  Or you in Germany... lets see you facts!

But you know all about who has the right to be here and not... obviously not!

Any person from the European union has the right to live or work in the European union... not just the Brits.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 17:56:18 by Boggert »

Offline sMUDge

Attack Member
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 17:57:29 »
"So if you are so well informed why were you so unsure of my wife's status in the UK???"
She could still be working in the UK illegally, EU Citizen or not  :huh:

"You should know that Czech is part of the European union and she has as much right to be here as the British student who goes to work in Spain or France... "
Yes, LEGALLY  :roll:

"But you know all about who has the right to be here and not... obviously not!"
I never said that, but if you say so, yes, I'd like to think I have a good comprehension of the law  :D

"Any person from the European union has the right to live or work in the European union... not just the Brits."
Yes, LEGALLY  :roll:   (Though try & enrol your kid in a Spanish school, or yourself in a German hospital, you'll be shocked at how hard it is  =; 
Disco Ser 2 V8

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 18:10:03 »
"So if you are so well informed why were you so unsure of my wife's status in the UK???"

"You should know that Czech is part of the European union and she has as much right to be here as the British student who goes to work in Spain or France... "

I never said that, but if you say so, yes, I'd like to think I have a good comprehension of the law  :D

"Any person from the European union has the right to live or work in the European union... not just the Brits."
Yes, LEGALLY  :roll:   (Though try & enrol your kid in a Spanish school, or yourself in a German hospital, you'll be shocked at how hard it is  =; 

Please explain how she could be working here illegally if she is from an EU country...

So she sneaked in on the back of a lorry, to earn 50p an hour from an unscrupulous gang master... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When she could have driven here and got a real job that earns £10 ph.... LOL she is Czech not stupid!

Offline sMUDge

Attack Member
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 18:18:25 »

Please explain how she could be working here illegally if she is from an EU country...

So she sneaked in on the back of a lorry, to earn 50p an hour from an unscrupulous gang master... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When she could have driven here and got a real job that earns £10 ph.... LOL she is Czech not stupid!

"Please explain how she could be working here illegally if she is from an EU country..."

Does she have a work/residency Visa or a tourist one,  surely you should know this??!! You should see the amount of Europeans that come to the UK on a Student Visa, then try & extend it, then when unsucsesful go "underground".

"So she sneaked in on the back of a lorry, to earn 50p an hour from an unscrupulous gang master..."
If she was registered she'd be able to claim the UK minimum wage  :roll:   :lol:

"When she could have driven here and got a real job that earns £10 ph.... LOL she is Czech not stupid!"
That would have been wiser, though make sure she has a European Driving Matrix too, otherwise again, she'd be driving illegally, therefore uninsured  :shocked:  ;)
Disco Ser 2 V8

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 18:25:43 »
LOL thats mint...

SHE DOES NOT NEED A VISA SHE IS PART OF THE EU!

Yes I shouted that!

All EU driving licences have the same standing, you do not need anything else... Polish, french, Czech, UK....

Offline sMUDge

Attack Member
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 18:32:49 »
I SUGGEST YOU RE-READ (& UNDERSTAND) MY PREVIOUS POSTS  ;)   Shouted too  ;)

I thought you worked for the Police  :roll: 

(No wonder our borders are so permeous   :doh:  :lol: )
Disco Ser 2 V8

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 18:49:14 »
I SUGGEST YOU RE-READ (& UNDERSTAND) MY PREVIOUS POSTS  ;)   Shouted too  ;)

I thought you worked for the Police  :roll: 

(No wonder our borders are so permeous   :doh:  :lol: )

Give me a break :lol: :lol:... I do work for the police...

When was the last time you had to apply for any visa to visit any EU country, Work, tourist or residency... they do not even stamp you passport...
Its an open border policy there are no more border controls even the German Czech one have gone!

You said this...

Does she have a work/residency Visa or a tourist one,  surely you should know this??!! You should see the amount of Europeans that come to the UK on a Student Visa, then try & extend it, then when unsucsesful go "underground".

And I understand by you saying this you are asking what sort of vise does she have?

Well the answer is simple She does not need one...

Therefore i deduce from you question you do not know thet she does not need one! (this is simple policing BTW)

Do you get where i'm going here?

I would now say that you do not know that you are talking about?

As for the "Driving matrix" not sure what that is... As I said all EU driving licences have the same status, its only the UK paper ones that are not valid in the EU.

So when I pull over a Polish driver and he shows me a valid Polish licence its a European one so its valid! Crikey they even look the same as ours and have that horrid blue start thing one them.

Offline lee celtic

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 18:58:24 »
Please note Not starting anything just trying to stop all the shouting ;)

Taken from the UK immigration site -UK work permit and work visa.

I take it from this that anybody from CZ would not need a visa to enter the country but would need to register if they wanted to work at least for the first 12 months then they get an open ended permit..

Nationals from the following new member states; Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary and the Czech Republic who find a job in the United Kingdom are required to apply to register with the Home Office under the new 'Worker Registration Scheme' as soon as they find work.

Those registering will be provided with a worker's registration certificate. The workers registration certificate will be issued for 12 months. It confirms that they can work and reside in the United Kingdom while they are working in that job. If they change jobs before they have worked continuously for 12 months the certificate will lapse and they will have to renew their registration.

Employers will have to check that the worker has registered. It will be unlawful for them to employ a national of the new member states (who has not worked here legally for 12 months) if they are not registered for the job they are doing.

Once an individual has completed 12 months work they may apply for an EEA residence permit. We can assist with this. Just get in touch.

right lets get back to hating the french :lol: :lol:
discovery TD5
work in progress...lol

Offline sMUDge

Attack Member
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 19:03:13 »
Very interesting mate  :lol:

"I would now say that you do not know that you are talking about?"

I often work with the British Liason Office (in Dusseldorf) and the MOD,  a lot of the time we discuss European Access into & around the UK, Germany and the rest of the EU, there are so many rules & regulations which must be adhered to, it's quite often hard work (as is this thread!!)  to see who is entitled to enter/work/study/marry/join the armed forces/claim/visit certain countries. 

Feel free to PM me if you wife is concerned about her residency in the UK  ;)

At the end of the day, I know what I know mate  ;)  But remember "Ignorance isn't bliss"  [-X

For the benefit of Forum Harmony, I'll not carry on discussing this topic, as you obviously can't won't accept the FACTS :roll:
Disco Ser 2 V8

Offline sMUDge

Attack Member
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 19:03:53 »
Please note Not starting anything just trying to stop all the shouting ;)

Taken from the UK immigration site -UK work permit and work visa.

I take it from this that anybody from CZ would not need a visa to enter the country but would need to register if they wanted to work at least for the first 12 months then they get an open ended permit..

Nationals from the following new member states; Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary and the Czech Republic who find a job in the United Kingdom are required to apply to register with the Home Office under the new 'Worker Registration Scheme' as soon as they find work.

Those registering will be provided with a worker's registration certificate. The workers registration certificate will be issued for 12 months. It confirms that they can work and reside in the United Kingdom while they are working in that job. If they change jobs before they have worked continuously for 12 months the certificate will lapse and they will have to renew their registration.

Employers will have to check that the worker has registered. It will be unlawful for them to employ a national of the new member states (who has not worked here legally for 12 months) if they are not registered for the job they are doing.

Once an individual has completed 12 months work they may apply for an EEA residence permit. We can assist with this. Just get in touch.

right lets get back to hating the french :lol: :lol:

:-#   :lol:
Disco Ser 2 V8

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 19:09:14 »
I just sick and tired of uneducated comments... the simple fact is if you do not understand do not comment...

My wife is a Czech National and has been running her own business in the UK for 6 years now, she earns more than me and works bloody hard.

The problem is when people post "Immigrant bashing posts" they are tarring every hard working immigrant, which can cause offence. not to mention a huge % of the UK population.

However they never see the bigger picture... how come it OK for us to go to Auzz and NZ for a better life but someone from the EU to come here to improve them selves is such a terrible thing.

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 19:12:54 »
Very interesting mate  :lol:

Feel free to PM me if you wife is concerned about her residency in the UK  ;)

You are kidding... have you not read anything that has been posted.....??

You do not know what the hell you are talking about why would I want any advice from you??

Read it for you self you have the internet at you fingers!

Offline sMUDge

Attack Member
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 19:21:25 »
 ;)
Disco Ser 2 V8

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 19:22:31 »

Offline sMUDge

Attack Member
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2008, 19:23:54 »
 :lol:   ;)
Disco Ser 2 V8

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal