AuthorTopic: Y61 over heating  (Read 1121 times)

Offline general baxter

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Y61 over heating
« on: September 13, 2008, 14:22:57 »
was fine untill i did a 70mph trip down the motorway, temp went 3/4 on the gauge, then i turned the heaters on, gauge sits around 1/2

if i go to work in the morn, will start to over heat again, so i turn the heaters on, but on the way home it dont do it,

this goes on every otherday 

now on my way to town i noticed it was climbing again, so switched the heaters on, started to come back down, then all power loss and really really really thick black smoke, pulled over, popped the bonnet, the inletside intercooler pipe had popped off, but i noticed slight oil dribbling out of it, popped it back on drove home with the heaters on,

now iv taken the intercooler off and flushing that out, im also flushing the rad out,

the fan works fine, no oil in water, water in oil

need to get it fixed got a 150mile trip next week with a  trailer
Nissan Patrol Y61, 2.8TD, Ironman 2" lift kit, Tough Dog castor bush correction kit, Extended brake lines, Custom Chrome exhaust system tooked up into the chassis, CB, 4x250watt 7" spot lamps, 12000lb winch, Front and Rear ARB Air Lockers, Insa turbo 16" special track tyres, 4x100watt roof spots lamps, snorkel, raised diff breathers

Offline rondye

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Y61 over heating
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 23:42:40 »
hi if i was you check your head gasket,and thermostat,i drive a y60 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal