AuthorTopic: XL airlines  (Read 864 times)

Offline 3laner

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
XL airlines
« on: September 12, 2008, 14:02:45 »
Anyone else affected? just had the mrs sobbing down the phone. was due to fly on thursday to egypt for our first holiday together, been booked for months.and been working my arse off all summer. absolute chaos dont even know how much money we are gonna get back and if we can afford to book something else. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
I feel for all the people out there already but at least they get their holiday and the CAA are flying them back.
1994 300 tdi Defender-SOLD
2002 TD5 Defender 90 Monte Carlo Blue: IRB stage 2 tuned and intercooled-SOLD
2005 Golf GTi 200- Landyless :(

ON THE LOOK OUT FOR MY NEXT 4x4
www.irbdevelopments.com

Offline MudRat

Attack Member
Re: XL airlines
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 14:04:31 »
Bad News mate,  on the plus side, you can now go to the Land Rover Show on the weekend!!

Offline 3laner

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 14:09:36 »
Its next thursday we were supposed to be going so will be at the Land Rover show on Sunday!wouldnt have minded so much if i hadnt splashed out so much to take lauren to where shes always wanted to go. as expected all forms of communication to the travel agent are jammed so no answers yet.

Anyone else affected?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 14:12:20 by 3laner »
1994 300 tdi Defender-SOLD
2002 TD5 Defender 90 Monte Carlo Blue: IRB stage 2 tuned and intercooled-SOLD
2005 Golf GTi 200- Landyless :(

ON THE LOOK OUT FOR MY NEXT 4x4
www.irbdevelopments.com

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 14:20:32 »
If you booked a package deal you should be covered to get all the money back through ATOL. Did you pay by credit card? If so, they will cover you too.

But getting your money back still doesn't give you the holiday you will have been looking forward to.

The other side to this is all the lost jobs of course. There was a pilot on BBC Breakfast this morning who didn't find out until 1am that he didn't have a plane to fly today. And now he's effectively without a job.
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

Offline KingWolf

Attack Member
    • Spalding, Lincs
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 19:56:54 »
We're not affected by XL airlines but I know exactly how your feeling. SWMBO and I are due to fly to Cuba in 4 weeks and we're still trying to find out if our resort is standing from hurricane Ike...!!!! As usual our tour operator hasn't been any use on the phone so we're planning a personal visit tomorrow to see if we can get any answers that way.

We've been looking at some of the pictures of the aftermouth of the storm and we're not holding out much hope.

Our thoughts are now with the people of cuba as they try and recover from this hurricane.

Mark.
96' Discovery XS TDI with Muds, Lightbar, Snorkel, Guardian Tank Guard, Steering Guard, Wading Kit, Winch Bumper and Winch...!!!! Lift kit next..... :-)

littlepow

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 21:12:57 »
They provide flights to the Falkland Islands for anyone departing from the UK (including Military!), so that will be interesting!

Offline waveydavey

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 09:42:13 »
They provide flights to the Falkland Islands for anyone departing from the UK (including Military!), so that will be interesting!

Have they finally stopped the Tristars then?
Still out of Brize?
P38 Range Rover (BMW !!!)
Off Road camping Trailer - SA Design
And a boat - if you can call QM2 a boat?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal