AuthorTopic: D2 extras -are they already there???  (Read 391 times)

Offline Angus06

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
D2 extras -are they already there???
« on: September 11, 2008, 16:28:05 »
Just want to know if the wireing for all extras on a D2 is installed already and just needs to be drawn from the "birds nest" and have the right switch fittet -as I have heard about cruise control.

The extras I am looking for is the height adjustment of the rear suspension controlled by a plip. I know I have to buy the plip and maybe have it coded but will it work if I do that?
Also -did the D2 come with folding mirrors controlled from inside? And is all the hardware there?

Take care out there,
Casper, Denmark

Offline Jimbo

Attack Member
Re: D2 extras -are they already there???
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 16:51:13 »
If you've got SLS already fitted - then you just need to buy the special 'plip from LR and have it coded to your vehicle.

Some D2 models came with folding mirrors - ES spec I believe (although you could probably have factory ordered them on lower spec versions). I think you need a additional 'ECU' to control the folding action, and the mirrors need to have the folding motors in them..........you can probably get all the bits from a breaker.

Jim
Jim

TDV6 HSE D3
Defender 110 Td5 Hard top, BFG MT's, and no EGR either

http://www.hertfordshire4x4response.net

Offline mac

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 12:34:19 »
I've had a heated front screen fitted to mine, plugs are already in the scuttle just needed connecting up, switch on the dash and a relay then the BCU needs re-programming, probably cos when you hit the screen button on the heater control panel it also puts that and rear screen heater on.
Mac,  2010 Freelander 2 XS
2001 bog standard TD5 Disco - gone
1995 TDi 300 Disco - gone
1970 MGB Roadster

Offline mac

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 12:37:39 »
Forgot to add my own "extras" question - anyone fitted an instrument panel dimmer? I assume the wirng is behind the dash cut-out for it.
Mac,  2010 Freelander 2 XS
2001 bog standard TD5 Disco - gone
1995 TDi 300 Disco - gone
1970 MGB Roadster

Offline mike142sl

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 16:23:11 »
Pretty sure the wires are all there for all the extras, it would be a ball-ache having different wiring looms on the production line - not knowing which model it was ending up as.

I fitted the cruise control switches without any problems - no coding needed. I also bought a SLS fob which DID need coding by the dealer but as I was having a new key and fob I got it all done with those being re coded at the same time. Wondered if the SLS fob was a waste of money but have used it a couple of times on soft ground where trailers have sunk and unable to be wound up enough.
Mike
Disco TD5 Landmark
SYM GTS250i Voyager
Swift Challenger 490

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal